St Pat's, BBQ and a busy weekend ahead

End of an era – our daughter went back to work part time (4–8.00pm) when our oldest grandson Devin was a few months old and I offered to look after him until his Dad got home at five. It worked out well as I was working part time then and it was on my way home and only an hour or so out of my day. When his younger brother was born I still helped out but it was usually sleep time for Fynn when I was there so never really got to see much of him. Now Devin is at school (and now loving it by the way after his upset at having to go) I go and collect him a couple of afternoons a week and bring him home. We have some interesting and special times! My daughter phoned last night to say next term the school are starting an after school care, which will be perfect as he will just stay on those days and will be with his friends. It will also free me up but I’m going to miss those afternoons with him.
St Patrick’s day – tonight we are having friends and some of the neighbours visiting. MM has the Guinness chilling in the fridge and I have to get thinking about what to have for supper. A bit of green food of course!! We have the Irish CD’s out - should be a fun night. I remember a few years ago we had a similar night and I searched everywhere for something to wear to match the theme. I finally found a man’s Guinness t-shirt in a shop, size XXL, thought that would do and got it home and it was too tight!! Tomorrow night we have a BBQ at a friend’s house to mark the end of day light savings. So our weekend is looking busy with a couple of food challenges ahead of me!
My week has been really great, after my exercise sessions today (gym and aqua) this week I will have done
3 gym sessions
6 aqua sessions!!
Food and water has been on track as well, to keep being on track I’m going to have to save up a few points for tonight and the BBQ tomorrow. I don’t plan any exercise over the weekend other than a couple of walks and some much needed gardening!
Since the scales and I had the disagreement last week I haven’t weighed again. A friend suggested I don’t weigh for months and just keep doing what I am and not focus at all on the scales. I feel there is something in that – then I get a letter from WW yesterday saying now that I’m a personal goal member to remember to weigh in! I help at a couple of meetings a week so even though I don’t really take part, I feel it helps me by being there. Weighing in and constantly being disappointed is frustrating so I think my friend has something in what she said.
I also watched the documentary about the woman who weighed around 250k’s and to start with I felt sad, then sort of angry with her. She was quite defensive about it all, she had plenty of help but she just couldn’t get into gear and do it! Then I read Helena’s http://leenienz.blogspot.com/ entry and she summed it by saying that the woman’s mind let her down. I know that if anyone suggested I needed to lose weight – I didn’t want to hear, then one day I decided I was going to do it. So Helena you are right – it really is a mind game.
Better go – have loads to do to today if I want to get to the pool. Have a fun weekend!!
4 comments:
Happy St Patricks Day! Yes Ive read all the YaYas and loved them. Even dragged Mark to see the movie. Take care this weekend and stay away from the scales if they are demoralizing you. xx
Julie
I had exactly the same feeling as you when I watched that documentary about the fat lady. About your blog troubles, I had the same thing so it was obviously their fault.
What a cute photo of Devin (or I presume it is Devin since you are talking about him in your blog). Yeah I can imagine you will miss that special quality time with him but he will always remember it as I know my mum and my oldest nephew are very close and mum did a similar thing for my sister.
I like your friends point of view re weighing... but it comes down to whatever you are comfortable with.
Have a great weekend with your celebrations.
I am sure you will miss your afternoons with your dear grand-son.
Wow, you have been doing so well with your exercising!
Yes, I am sure our mind has to be in the right place for true success.
Post a Comment