Tuesday, March 7

Feeling motivated, happy and in control



Just had to try one of these as well - I like the fact that there are a few nice positive words in here!! (has made the rest of entry look a bit strange and squashed up though?)
I'm still here - just been a little busy and also a bit slack with updating. Our weekend was great, first of all we had two of the grandsons visit and they were a lot of fun. We then went out for dinner with friends and as planned I chose the scallops with veges and ginger and it was just delicious. We had my sister and her family base themselves at our house Saturday night as they had a local wedding. Great to catch up with them all. They arrived home early from the wedding as they reckon they all had frost bite!! The wedding was in a marquee and it was freezing!! Sunday morning we had a relaxing brunch and then our family came up to catch up with their cousins along with the grandsons. Sunday afternoon we blobbed and then went for a drive and visited friends who weren't home - LOL found out they were visiting us!! Nice and relaxing day.
One week on and I still haven't weighed myself!! The scales aren't controlling me and I'm feeling fine about it. I'm trying really hard and have kept to my plan of fruit only between meals, tracking well and having plenty of water. I'm feeling quite motivitated, happy and in control right now but typical now that I've got the food side going a lot better my exercise is a bit down compared to normal. I try to make Mon, Wed and Friday gym days but haven't made the last three! Legitimate reasons though, last Wednesday was the lost wallet day, Friday was the day we had major internet problems and I had to stay in the office and yesterday my daughter put out her back and had to go for treatment so I babysat. That's life but I'm going tomorrow no matter what! I have made nightly aqua classes so at least that's something, but hoping the weather will improve as the aqua is cold outside!! What happened to our summer? I love the summery weather and feel it's far too soon to change like this.
This morning I had to go into town so have managed a long walk and brrr I'm of to aqua tonight. Still I can have a lovely hot spa to warm up in afterwards and one thing is when it's cold it makes you work a lot harder!! There is a great group of us going now and next Monday night a few of us are going out for coffees after the the session.
Not much else happening in my life. A bit busy as just had month end and right now I have a five year grandson asking billions of questions! Hope to catch up with a few blogs soon.
Catch you soon:)

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Hope your daughter's back is OK. Gee they are a worry aren't they (even when grown up!). Thanks goodness for grannies/nannas!
Hope things settle down for you soon.

Karen said...

Wow you have been busy and like Suzy says I do hope things settle down for you real soon.
Yay for week with no scales - glad to hear you are feeling fine and motivated about it all :)