Need to move more
Don’t know why as I always say I’m not going to but I jumped on the scales this morning and they’re going up rather than down!! 71kg - when my lowest weight on our home scales was mid 68’s, while it’s a bit frustrating I’m really not too bothered though as I feel the same, my clothes still fit the same and do feel like I’m toning up more but I know I need to do something more to jolt this body of mine!! I’m sure that because my days aren’t overly active (sitting here for instance) that aqua is just not really doing anything for me now; it’s just part of my day. The lunch time aqua deep classes are quite friendly and the work out is not as hard as the bigger night classes I’m still going to keep going because I do enjoy it but maybe need to swap some classes for a walk and look at ways to fit more activity in. For instance there is an Exercycle in the garage that I walk past several times a days, it sits there gathering cobwebs….
Last week I wrote here that my plan was to track over the weekend and while I had a far better weekend food I still didn’t keep to my plan!! My downfalls were a piece of bacon and egg pie, pretzels and wine. That’s another thing – I knew what would challenge me yet I couldn’t say no. I used to be able to say no thanks! I know most of the time I’m still making the best choices – but basically: I do want to reach goal! To get there I have to track, move more and face up to the daily challenges that are thrown my way.
The weather at the beach was cold and cloudy with a few showers thrown in. We did manage to do one long walk with a few steep stairs thrown in at the end. But it really was a weekend to be inside with a good book. On Saturday night we played Cranium which was quite a laugh, sort of a mixture of Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary and Charades.
Yesterday our daughter received a phone call from day care to say her little boy Jordyn had a split lip, (someone hit him with a toy!) so another trip to the hospital. Poor Jordyn has a type of birthmark on his face called a Nevus which has been partially removed by an op, he’s also accident prone so has had a couple of other lots of stitches on his face and more scars and now here’s another one for his collection. Our other grandson Fynn was there when it happened and the child care were touched at how caring he was, he was trying to help them clean the cut and kept sitting beside Jordyn asking if he was o.k. Quite sweet.
When I popped in to see Jordyn his little brother Casey pulled up and stood by me, let go and walked!! Well really about time as he’s 15 months but a bit like his mum who didn’t walk until 18 months – but he just looked so cute. He did about 10 steps and then fell against their little kid's couch and got the giggles. Then I picked him up and let him go and off he went again!
The same daughter has been going to open homes recently and found one they love, so yesterday she took her father down for look and approval. Then they decided last night to make an offer on condition on the sale of their house. Would you believe that three offers went in at the same time, but they must have had the highest as it got accepted. So they are probably both a bit nervous and excited waiting to see what happens from here.
I going to keep a tally of my exercise and points here, maybe you can remind me to get out walking if you don’t see it listed!
Monday
Gym and two aqua deep classes! (Lunch time and night)
21 points
Catch you later!
4 comments:
Hope Jordyn is ok - how cute of Flynn to be so worried about his cousin! And yay for Casey taking his first steps too! Have my fingers crossed for your daughter and soninlaw for their new home.
And yes perhaps you do need to do something slightly different on the exercise front to get things moving again :)
Pretty magic moment watching Casey take his first steps! Had my two grandsons here for tea tonight - they are just so precious!
Have you thought about dropping a couple of points daily - only suggest it as I'm a few kilos heavier than you but WW online suggests I only have 19 points a day - might be just enough to stir things up! You'll get there anyway I'm sure - you always sound so positive.
Hope little Jordyn's lip is OK! Poor boy!
Good luck with fitting in some walking. You seem SO busy.
Im kind of at the same place as you at the moment and it is really bugging me. Im finding it hard to say no to some things but am trying to have a drink of water everytime a negative food thought comes into my mind. Hence the fact that I am drinking a lot of water lately. LOL.
Take care
:o)
Post a Comment