Feeling blah
I'm feeling a bit blah - (reading a couple of other blogs this morning I'm not the only one - maybe it's the weather) I get these weird neuralgia type headaches from time to time and got hit with a beauty on Monday. Yesterday it was still there and I just couldn't bear to think of the gym or pool - or anything really, I just wanted to blob. Then I felt guilty not going - which is stupid! I'm not invincible - these things happen and I have to accept it. I'm feeling a lot better today so will go to the gym - not sure about the pool though, it's cold out there! (I cleaned the oven at the beach house Monday morning and my sister asked if it could be the oven cleaner fumes that caused the headache - something to watch out for in the future). I also had a physio appointment yesterday. After the walking in the weekend I was quite sore and limping a bit, so got wondering how long it would be before I got back to normal. I asked the physio and it will be 3-6 months! That threw me a bit as I don't want to be limping around when I walk. But then I thought it will improving all the time, at least I can go to the gym, do aqua and the physio reassured me walking may hurt me but it won't make the injury worse. I must have had a real shot of adrenalin in stopping the car hitting the dog because at the time I wasn't even aware I had hurt myself. Our lovely old dog doesn't even know what I did to save her!!
Oh yep - we sort of have a new grandson. Fynn our little curly red haired boy begged for his hair to be cut short! So the curls have gone. It had to happen eventually but his mum ended up crying. I felt like it when I saw him yesterday, he just doesn't look the same. He also is calling himself Bob not Fynn! LOL they went to Wellington zoo on Saturday (before the hair cut) and another family were approaching them, both families stopped dead in their tracks and started to laugh. Both had little boys roughly the same age, both with masses of identical red curls. Very similar looking kids. Both the kids were in shock when they saw each other. Deb commented that they could be twins, it turned out the other little boy was a twin but his twin was a brown haired little girl. Don't know if something in this meeting triggered of Fynn's demand that the curls go. Maybe the thought - is that what I look like!!
Still lots of thoughts going on about what changes I'm going to make. Helena asked me if I was a carb type, protein or a mixture. I don't know!! I'm going to have to really think this through. I just eat without thinking how the different food groups may affect me. I know I love carbs but do they love me! My problem in working through this is that I'm also a creature of habit and to work out what is the best type of food for me some of these habits have to be broken. Breakfast is always carb based, e.g. cereal, toast. Normally after every gym visit I have sushi. Other days a salad sandwich or similar. Dinners are pretty standard, fish/meat veges salad. Snacks are fruit/ cereal bars, crackers. I have to get out of my comfort zone! I going to take another look at the questionnaire and work through each question one by one. Even if it takes me a week or so to get through them all.
6 comments:
As you know, I too was having a blah day, am feeling a bit better now! Tired, but better. I bet it was the oven cleaner fumes that gave you a headache! It does that to me every time a cracker too. Hey, lets see the "new" grandson then!
Wow it is going around isn't it.. blah days I mean...
I have been re-reading Leenies blog too because I really need to find something at the moment because the same old same just isn't doing it's magic anymore and a little information is not going to hurt.
Which book have you got. I would like to have both of hers but I have to start somewhere he he he.
I haven't asked my physio how long it will take me but after reading yours I took a deep breath... OMG 3-6 months ARGGHHHH.... I hope it isn't that long for me but deep down I can feel it will be.
I agree with ChrisH let's see the new grandson then!!
I a little scared to go to the pools because getting the togs on and off are the things that kill my back and a couple of years ago I pulled my back just trying to put my togs on ewwwwwww.
Hope your day gets better my friend
Chubbymum
I'm having a blah day too! Must be the weather I think but mine is related to TOM unfortunately! Can't wait to see a new photo of Flynn but it must be hard seeing him without his curls!
Take care
Something is in the air. I awoke with a pain in my ear, which is a sure sign of an impending headache.
Almost stayed in bed, but decided to workout but cut down on the intensity as to keep the headache at bay.
Totally understand what you mean about missing a workout and sweating about it. It is difficult to accept that we are not always 100% and we might have to forego a workout or two for our health.
Have a great day.
From what you just described about your eating, I eat very similar to you so would really be interested what you are (ie. carb, protein or mix).
Sad to hear Fynn has lost his curls but maybe his encounter with the 'other' Fynn did jolt him into changing his look.
Sorry to hear your recovery is going to take so long for your leg, what a lucky dog you have:)
blah days are abounding. Get better soon
Post a Comment