My head is finally getting in the right place
Since thinking about the lack of motivation I had, also the frame of mind I've been in and writing down here how I was feeling has helped me sort out what's been wrong with me! Today I'm feeling a lot happier with myself, in fact I'm feeling great. Early days I know, but something has changed. I know I've got my head is finally getting in the right place. Not only was I sabotaging myself by trying not gain instead of actually trying to lose, I know I was getting more and more slap happy with eating habits. I would have a couple of great days, then slip up more and more as the week would wear on. Several times today I've caught myself reaching for something to eat. Something extra that is. Making me see that this was getting to be a bad habit - you know the story just a bit here and there, an odd dried apricot, then another, a cracker biscuit, sampling food when cooking..... Then the weekends, the nibbles, just a little sliver of Camembert, just the odd nut, forgetting to count milk in cups of coffee/tea. Nothing over the top but it all adds up and beacuse it is all reasonably healthy food I felt somehow it was ok!! I haven't always done this - but I've been doing it more and more. Today I've been perfect, not one morsel has gone into this mouth that hasn't been counted! Chris H if you are reading this I reckon you will see my halo glowing from your place! I have the confidence that this is not impossible, I had been telling myself for so long that it was.
I was also toying with the idea of listing my food here, I've changed my mind for the moment, as long as I'm being totally honest with myself and keep track of everything - I can do this.
Must mention here, I've been doing quite a bit of reading of one book Helena swears by. It gets you thinking. I've finally got through the quiz of what type I am, didn't think that woulde be so hard! Anyway I'm a carb type. I'm now reading up on what food is ok for me. Until I get my head around it all I'm sticking with points (honest ones). But it is something that I will definately try in the not too distant future, sooner rather than later if I don't get reasonable results with toughening up on myself!
Today have been to the gym, then aqua. The gym is going well, in fact working away on the water grinder today I was in a bit of a dreamworld rather than looking at those seconds/minutes ticking away very slowly. So I'm feeling I'm really into the routine of it all now. Off shortly to pick up Fynn and Jordyn - their turn for a sleep over! Wish me luck - they are busy kids. Told my daughters as I have office work first thing - I would drop them off home early! Not too early maybe around nine. I will have had enough by then.
Catch you later!
5 comments:
Sweetie, I can't see your halo cos mine is glowing too bright too! Ha ha ha, isn't it great to be feeling totally in control again? Got to be loving it. Keep it up!
He he my halo is bright too... isn't it wonderful when something feels right.
I can't wait to read Helena's bible... I am itching!!!
Love Chubbymum
A carb eh? ...hinterestinggggggggg hmmmmmmm ... would explain why cheese and too many nuts are your evil diet foods. Could be a bit of a shake up for ya, but once you get it sorted, you shouldnt have to count another "point" in your life! WOOHOO!
Halo.... what halo... the only one you lots should be able to see would be mine..way over here in Tassie... rofl...
Thanks for dropping by my blog..
Always nice to meet a fellow blogger...
Oh and i like the thing about only aiming for a kilo at a time...
sounds good to me!
I know exactly what you mean about forgetting to count certain points, I always count my milk in my coffee but 'forget' my sugar (I have 1 only but still).
Sounds like you've got it sorted.
Your a carb ay? I reckon I would also be a carb person. Once you have read all about what you can and can't eat could you drop me a line and give me some pointers?
I hope Fynn and Jordyn had a wonderful time - and you and Peter too.
Post a Comment