What a mad busy, busy week
Well I thought I was alone in not letting on to family and friends about my blog - it seems there are quite a few of us 'secret' bloggers. One thing that is obvious though is the support everyone feels they are getting - that is great!
Haven't had much chance to get back here since my last entry. What a mad busy, busy week Today I'm feeling shattered. Last week was full on. I managed three gym sessions and five aqua last week and I think it's caught up with me! I wouldn't have done that in my 20's and here I am in my 50's doing it! Friday morning I had the physio, (last appointment hopefully) then onto gym. Had a great session there and then met up with my sister for lunch as she was passing through Palmy. Lunch and then two cappuccinos later we went our separate ways. Raced home to check out the office, did the bare essentials and then back to town as I wanted to go shopping!! I was after a new top to wear for Friday night. At the traffic lights in the rear vision mirror I noticed someone in the car behind waving frantically - it was Deb my daughter with her husband and Devin, she phoned me on my cell phone to say meet them for a coffee. After that I went shopping and bought not one top but two! Back home, more office work and then I got ready for aqua, last session outdoors for this season, so I really wanted to make it. Back home - again! Then we were of to our other daughters house for drinks and nibbles to meet up with a visitor they had from the UK and also to celebrate a friend's birthday. This is when my mojo sort of temporarily disappeared. Blow it all! Rachel told us not to have dinner as her brother in law's partner is a chef and had done piles of food. So a combination of no dinner and piles of finger foods tempting me and of I went.... I got home and thought - why do I do that! I used to be able to resist, I used to plan so I wouldn't get in situations like that. So I was kicking myself. Thinking it over probably not too bad as I limited myself to sushi and some club sandwiches, one little slice of Camembert, a couple of crackers - oh yes and some wine! Funny because as I hopped into bed I was feeling a bit angry at after having such a good week that I felt I had mucked up. Then I dozed of and I dreamt that I had bitten off my acrylic nails! Such a weird dream as I was too ashamed to show anyone my hands..... wonder what people could analyse about that! It was an good night though and our grils are quite mad when they are together!
Saturday morning I meet Chris, Janene and the other Chris for coffee, (I'm feeling a bit overdosed on coffee by this stage!) Another good catch up with them, caught a bit short when the parking warden starting heading towards my car! I thought I would look at a couple of shops before heading home, and banged into a friend - and yep off we went for another coffee! I'm feeling quite naughty as I hit the shops again, bought a few winter bits and pieces and squirreled them away in the wardrobe! Last night we had Thai takeaways and just blobbed out. The takeaways were all good choices, chicken stir fry for me and Peter had a curry. Leftovers for tonight too!
Today Rachel popped up with the boys and they ended up having lunch. As I said I'm feeling tired, maybe it's the fact I've had no coffee! I thought of going to the gym but then changed my mind. I'm quite happy with five days a week exercising and having the weekends for me. So I've just pottered around, caught up on some office work, read a book, done housework and now feeling like a soak in the bath and an early night sounds good.
Something I've always known is that weekends are my danger times. Monday to Friday seems quite easy to cope with. Then the weekends hit, either we are at the beach with visitors and food seems to be a big part of the weekend or we have something on. As I don't count my exercise points, I'm thinking this week maybe I should add them up and then I 'officially' have some lee way for weekends.
I'm going to have to think through my exercise plans for this coming week. My leg is still quite sore (this is from me trying to stop the car rolling onto our old dog who was sleeping, the physio feels my knee took the impact and also have some hamstring strain) I think aqua in the shallow pool could jar it - so may have to change pools and times around so I can still do aqua deep. Also walking is still hard going.
Tomorrow school holidays are over - just in case you haven't read Chris's entries! Back to picking up Devin from school Mondays and Fridays. Life will be just that bit busier. LOL I was asked by someone at aqua how I fit in the exercise I do. The aqua teacher piped up - it's easy she sleeps with the boss! The woman turned around pretty quickly with her mouth hanging open - so I had to tell her my boss is my husband! Must admit I get a bit behind in the office work at times but feel lucky I have the flexibility to catch up in odd hours. We eat quite late at night as well, which is fine with Peter. I feel I do some jobs at the weirdest times to fit everything I want to in! But hey - I get there in the end and I'm happy!
6 comments:
Sleeping with the boss! Like that! You are very lucky for sure, but hey, I am sure you do all the work and then some! Good for you! And yes, I am dancing a little jig thinking of tomorrow! Much as I adore my littlies, I love them at school more!
Your last three words are the important ones! It's what it's all about. Keep on enjoying!
I wish my boss was my husband wink wink.
I bet it was great catching up with Rachel.. she is such a sweetie just like you.
Woohooooo school tomorrow!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com
ok after my crazy busy weekend and reading about your crazy busy weekend, I'm officially knackered! NIGHT NIGHT lol
I wouldn't been feeling guilty about your couple of nibblies after all the exercise you have done this week.
My sister went to another pool last week and tried aqua deep and didn't like it, I also don't think I would like not being able to touch the ground - but who knows, I didn't think I would like hydro and look what's happened....LOL
Chubbymum thinks it was me who you met up with instead of your daughter (who has the coolest name!), wish it was me.
Karen is looking at organising a Wgtn/Palmy lunch some time soon, hopefully met up in Levin or Otaki?
I'm with Chris ... I love my kids at school too!!!
Post a Comment