Shocked?
Yes it's still me! Time for a new look, time for some changes! One by one these last 5 - 6 kilos are going to disappear. The determination has hit. The goals are a lot smaller. My goal was initially 5 kilo blocks. Sounds easy until it's the last five. Now my new goal is one kilo at a time - slowly but surely. No time limit but just chipping away at it. Janene commented I seemed to have found my mojo again - do you know I think I have!
Yesterday I meet up with the WW girls. Sitting chatting away, meanwhile back at home all was not going so well. I was very lucky our house wasn't burning! Yes Chris I am a twit! I cooked brown rice to make a salad, drained the rice, put the empty pot back on the element - which was still on! Thankfully only on low! I got home, Deb our daughter and family were here to pick up Devin, went inside the house and was met by a horrible smell of burning. The pot was black!! The ceramic cook top didn't look too good. (It cleaned up ok) Peter was not impressed, I think he thinks I have early stage of Alzheimers!
Last night we went to a dinner for the neighbours farewell. Now who has the lapse in memory - Peter! He told me the invite was a BBQ so we were prepared for it all to be outdoors, but it was a pot luck - inside! Was sad saying goodbye to this family, we are so lucky with our neighhbours as we get on really well socially. I remembered the trick of removing myself away from the chips, dips etc and it wasn't that hard. Can see that I have been guilty of slipping into old habits here.
This morning Peter and I went out to a cafe for brunch and coffee. Now he is of clay bird shooting and I'm of shopping. The cold weather has hit I don't seem to have much to wear.
I feel so much better about this now, I only have to aim for a kilo at a time. Makes it sounds easier.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
9 comments:
Hi Anne, I related to so much in your post of yesterday. I've tended to have a similar problem - put on a few kilos - don't like it so get them off but then start to feel good again so slacken off and end up just sliding up and down the same part of the ruler. That's one of the reasons why I've set my target lower this time as I thought in some kind of a cockeyed way that this would get me a bit further down the scale before I slackened off. My WW goal is 65kg but I've set my target as 62kg - we'll see if it works! Like the new blog look and here's to determination!
Cheers
Z xx
Seems we are both on the same wave length, I am feeling very positive about the weight thing at the moment too.... and I have changed something... I am jogging a little bit! Stew's legs are lovely and he jogs every night, so there must be something in it.... have a wonderful week.. and keep away from the pots. lol
wowwwwwwww had to look twice to see if I was in the right place, love the new look Anne.
yep, sure sounds as if you have your head in the right space now, your're determined so hopefully now it will be goodbye last 5 kilo's....1 kilo at a time...go Anne!!
Jen
Anne... you have the determination and you WILL succeed my friend.
OMG you are sooo lucky that nothing else burnt my friend... the gods are with ya he he he
Love Chubbymum
Hi Anne, kilo by kilo sounds like a fine plan to me! You and Peter are so hillarious when it comes to communications with parties and friends LOL one day you WILL get it right and turn up to the right thing, at the right place, at the right time with the right goods! LMAO
Wow - great new look. And great new attitude too!
Very smart blue style. Good luck with the weight!
Love the new look site.
Kilo by kilo sounds like the way to go and I also love that you are 'trying to lose' rather than 'don't go over 73 kilos' makes sense.
Did you take something else to the BBQ/Pot luck dinner after your brown rice disaster or remake the rice?
I too had to take a good look to work out who's site I was at!!! lol
I definately agree about taking it 1kg at a time. Those last few can be so hard to shift that when you do lose a kilo that's as much effort and commitment as someone like me losing 5kgs at the start of my journey.
Isn't mojo funny how it comes and goes. I used to tell my members that while you have motivation you should be setting habits up for yourself so that when it goes you can just plod, doing what comes naturally for you until your motivation comes back. And most of the time it does come back if we stick at those 'habits'.
Go you!!
Post a Comment