A happy little boy!
We had a visitor Sunday night. Jordyn had the plaster taken of his face after the op and came up with his mum to show us. He was so happy that the birthmark had gone, he couldn't stop grinning. He just grinned and grinned away. He told us the operation worked as it was all gone!The picture is only five days after the op, so he's still quite swollen and bruised. Swollen but happy!! I think it is amazing what they have done. When Jordyn was born the midwife commented he had a birthmark on his face. At that stage it just looked like a little smudge, but it quickly darkened. As he grew it also grew. This type of birthmark is a nevus and they don't respond to laser treatment. They also can turn cancerous. Rachel had to take him to a plastic surgeon and they said it would have to be cut out in stages. She was devasted, well we all were. I remember telling her that plastic surgery was very more advanced these days and we would be surprised at what a great job they could do. Now I believe it! This is Jordyn after operation No: 3! They aren't sure but he could need tidy up surgery in his teens depending on how it heals.
Photo below of Jordyn (& Fynn) this was taken after the first op. (Not a great shot - but you can see the birthmark)

11 comments:
Hi Anne, Just wrote you a lovely long comment then pressed the wrong button and it disappeared. I'll try to reiterate. I was so happy to hear what a success Jordyn's op was - he looks great. But a big thing for a little one to go through so it's great that he's so happy too. Also meant to say how sorry I was to hear about your cousin - it's at times like that you feel to so far away and quite forlorn. Hope your aches and pains are improving - I've joined that club too - you'll probably read about it in my next post - but at the gym last night I slid back to get off the lat pulldown machine - forgetting it was a short bench and landed splat on my rear end. Both bum and ego severely bruised!! Actually I landed on the padded bits not my tailbone so probably was pretty lucky. But today although I can walk and sit OK - getting up and down and bending or climbing stairs is bloody painful! Hope you and your family have a lovely Easter.
Cheers
Z
ps those little boys are just gorgeous!
That is amazing, you are right, plastic surgery has come a long way... and isn't Jordyn a lucky little boy that it was available for him. In his teens there will be vitually no scar even!
Wow how great does that look after only a short time..... his smile says it all doesn't it.
We are a terrible pair aren't we with our hamstrings he he he... Painful isn't it. I can so sympathise as I have pulled my hamstring and calf muscle... it is like having cramp and not being able to get rid of the first initial pain aye.
Big hugs my friend.
Love Chubbymum
Have you tried massage?
What a beautiful little boy! And a wonderful smile.
Thanks for your sympathy about my dad. Very kind.
What a sweetie. Wonderful job on the surgery.
Geez I hope your leg is feeling better soon. Good you have Physio to help you out. Injuries are a pain, wish I could offer some kind of solution. Take care.
Wow, what a difference! :-) I bet he feels great.
That's amazing!! What a difference. I was saying to a friend this morning how amazing plastic surgery is now. We were talking about a friend of hers who had a son with a cleft pallet and at only 3yrs old and 4 ops later the only signs left is a tiny little scar above his lip... truelly amazing!!
Hope the leg gets better soon, know how it feels to be not on top of things physically, mines still giving me grief 7mths later.
My son had plastic surgery 12 years ago to fix his ears and it was the best decision I have made. It made such a profound difference to his confidence and attitude. I can understand Jordan's joy. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal properly. In other words dont overdo it.
Julie
x
wowwwwwwwww what an amazing improvement, no wonder he can't stop grinning!!
Make sure you don't overdo it, take it easy for awhile and let yourself heal....
happy easter,
Jen xx
What a gorgeous boy. Now this is what plastic surgery is meant for.
Hope your leg feels much better soon.
Hvae a great Easter
Di
Post a Comment