Saturday, August 18

Big day ahead

Up bright and early this morning, popped some muffins onto bake to take around to Chris and co. I'm not making this an official weigh in, mainly just want support and give some too if I can! Tonight we are going to see CATS - so looking forward to it. We saw it years ago in Sydney but have heard our local production is brilliant. There is a group of us going and dinner is here first. We thought that would be easier than racing into a restaurant and then off to the show.

Yesterday I found a bit harder than my first day 'back into it' not sure why, but pleased to say I finished well on track. A couple of times during the day I just wanted to snack. I know I'm a bit of a picker with food yet don't eat big meals. Just have to keep the snacks good ones, and count them! I went for my walk (in the rain) walked about 20 minutes and then checked my pedometer, a grand total of 96 steps! Mmmm think another pedometer has hit the dust. Peter opened some cashews last night - my huge downfall!! No I didn't buy them either, he bought them. How many times in the past I've just had to have a couple which probably ends up quite a few. After the meeting on Thursday I could tell him 4 of those lovely tasty little morsels are 1 point. He had about half the packet at that stage. Damn him - he doesn't have a weight problem! We had a lovely salmon fillet for dinner with stir fry veges.

Having been thinking about revamping my blog. Also thought about the name of it. I've really given it a negative name - annesbattletogoal. What does that tell me! Like I was thinking at the time it was going to be a battle, so then I made it one? Then I changed it to Breaking the Plateau That didn't happen either!! Well it did but in reverse! So I need something nice and positive. A name that shows that while I'm on a mission to get to goal, I'm also enjoying life and the changes I've made along the way.

One of our group tonight is my sister. We weren't always that close in the years we were busy bringing up our families but the past few years I feel very close to her, we aren't just sisters, we are close friends. Yet I've never told her about this blog! Don't know why, maybe I felt the weight issue was my thing and that I would open up more if family weren't reading. This weekend I think I'm going open up and show her it. If you see a comment from Beth sometime you will know I have! Oh and that darling sister of mine has started the gym, on the phone last night she said we should visit my gym on Sunday. Then she remembered I haven't been going. I'm going back but not to the extent I was. I think that is part of my problem, when I start something like the gym I have to do it 3 sessions a week, every exercise, over the top - and then I get tired of it. It's all about me finding the right balance of exercise that works for me, ideally I want it to be a cominbination of gym, aqua and a few walks, without thinking it is the end of the world if I miss one. Something for me to work on.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Lovely to see you today, thanks for the muffins, even if I couldn't eat even one.... maybe next week I can do the cooking and eat one too! Wonder what your new blog name will be ?????

Christine said...

Hope you enjoy CATS. I have seen the show last year. I loved it-my husband figured it would be more than a bunch of cats running around the stage, haha.

I don't like the name of my blog anymore either - but I also change my blog template as often as I change my socks. So I can't stick with anything too long - this whole diet thing is the only thing I have stuck with! :)

Would you like to just freshen up your blog template instead of changing your whole address, etc?? Drop me an email if you like - I have some great sites bookmarked. Free and easy to use.

Take care.

Pam said...

Thanks for finding me again!

How wonderful to have a sister. I've always wanted one, but I fear it's never going to happen. Still, daughters are a wonderful substitute.

Good luck with the renewed determination!

Chris H said...

Yeah I liked how our "meeting' went too... nice and easy. I did talk to the kids last night about WINZ help, they were dumbfounded to think they could get help! Hope they do cos I do not want them back here!