Thursday, August 30

How old would you be

First of all thoughts to poor Chris who has ended up in hospital. I phoned Stew this morning and she was waiting to see a doctor. I'm sure she is in good hands (despite the needles). Thinking of you Chris and hoping you are soon on the mend.

How old would you be
If you didn't know how old you are
This was a saying on a card I bought recently, I kind of like it and maybe it's an appropriate one
a)as it is my birthday today!
b)and a chance conversation yesterday made me think of this saying - because I realise I don't feel my age!
After the aqua class a group of women were talking about ageing, one commeting that once you hit 50 you really start to feel your age, they were going on about their various aches and pains, the change, etc. I listened, feeling like I was looking at them a bit blankly - and couldn't join in - why because it hit me I feel a whole lot better in my 50's than I did when I was in my 40's!!
- I had chronic back pain in my 40's and it was found I had arthritis in my spine - would hardly know it was there nowdays
- I've probably or am going through the change - I say probably as I don't really know! I had an endiometrial ablation done about 10 years ago, so no TOM since then, I was told I would go through the change as normal - but I haven't had one symptom - not one hot flush - nothing!
Not just health issues but I generally feel younger than I did 10 years ago! Being in my 40's was a time that I was unhappy with myself, not just with my body and how I looked, but health issues and lack of confidence. So I couldn't really relate at all to the 'age' conversation yesterday, because for once in my life I don't feel my age!
The 'secret squirrel' phone calls - well I received a lovely Pandora charm for my bracelet and I just know Peter would have had to have a helping hand to go and purchase this. He also got me a beautiful bunch of tulips. Then Rachel popped in this morning (and another charm!) with her boys and the other two sung me a raccous happy birthday on the phone. Debbie our daughter is organising a VIP night where she works tonight which involves orgnaising drink, food, models, giveaways, so she is busy, busy! She wanted to meet during the day but we couldn't work it out - so she was getting worried she wouldn't see me, I told her not to be silly as we are all getting together Saturday night, our son will be back then as well. Had a friend visit, phone calls, cards - so have been spoiled.
Pffft!! I popped in to WW - I stayed the same! First thoughts could be - what a huge effort with your food and exercise to stay the same! But no - I do know that if I keep at it, the scales will show the result, so I'm fine with it - still 900 grams down. Bit of challenging but fun week ahead - dinner out both Friday and Saturday!
My aim this week - keep on tracking.....
Challenge to me to do 10,000 steps each day! Four out seven days this week so it is on the increase!

18 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthdy!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to you happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Anne, Happy Birthday to you :)
Hope you are having a lovely day andbeing spoled rotten :)
Never mind the scales.....you didn't put on so that is just as important as a loss in my book :)
How old am I..........much younger in my mind than my real age LOL still a kid at heart!!! :) Well done for feeling so young and positive. Go Anne!!!!!! :)

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Annnnnnnnne
Happy Birthday to you

And my perpetual age is about 18!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful, charming day :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Anne
Happy Birthday to you

Sounds like you have been spoilt and have had a lovely day.

Lynda said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Many happy returns :)

Teresa said...

Well I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! All the best for the year ahead.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to you. What an interesting comment on the birthday card. Really makes you think - doesn't it? Although I am only turning 30 soon - I feel alot younger. And it defintely sounds like you have a YOUNG spirit too! Love it.

Lyn said...

Awww happy birthday for yesterday chickey!!! Sorry I missed catching up on your blog when it was actually B'Day. Hope it was good all the same!

Chris H said...

Awww BUGGER I missed your birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY mate... and see you tomorrow. Your place at around 10.30...

Pam said...

Happy Birthday from me too. What a lovely positive post, and what a lovely thing to be able to say about yourself. I wish I could say the same!

Lee-Anne said...

How slack of me. Happy, happy birthday for yesterday.

I hope you had a great night and have an even better weekend.

Anonymous said...

happy birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you have a great time with your family tonight.
You mentioned that you had arthritis in your spine and I was wondering if you have any pain now? and if not what has helped. I have arthritis in my lower back and the mornings are murder until it has warmed up.
Thanks Anne

Me said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! And I hope that the rest of your day was just as special as the start of it was.

Have a great weekend !
Me

Felicity said...

happy birhday for earlier in week
hugs

jen said...

I have to agree with you Anne....the 50's have been so much better for me than my 40's too!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you...

Suzy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Julie's Journey said...

Happy birthday to you (slightly late - sorry!). Lucky girl - a pandora bracelet. Enjoy.