Self induced plateau??
I’ve got no answers but do have to wonder at what goes on in my mind at times. I’m starting to realise that the only person to blame for the long term plateau was me! I do know weight loss can plateau – but come on Anne not for almost two years!! When I did reach a plateau (which at that stage was a probably a genuine one) I found an article in a book about the medication I am on. I took this along to my doctors and she looked into it and then confirmed – yes it does cause weight gain. So of I go and without really even realisng it, I was thinking that I would not be able to break the plateau, I wouldn’t reach goal.... If you’ve been reading my entries then you will know I did try – but there must have been this mental block that I wasn’t even aware of that was stopping me. I would try and try but it wasn’t consistent, a few good days, sometimes a whole week – then I would slip again. I was still eating well but would give up too easily and go back to eating more than I needed. Tracking last week did pay of. I know sometimes I’m going to get hit with disappointing results when I weigh in and that was probably my downfall last time, letting those not so good weeks get to me and slipping back again and becoming complacent. I still know it’s going to be hard, if I keep putting the effort I did last week the results will happen!
Of to the pool. Have a great weekend!
6 comments:
Neat when the penny drops (again) eh? We all do know how to make it work, we just have to want it badly enough, then it will. See you tomorrow chick.
Plateau's are a bitch and they do get you into thinking you will never get past it (been there lots).
I have to agree with Chris, we all know how to lose weight but it just keeping at it that is the hard bit.
Loved the comment 2yrs...come on Anne!!!!! I can so relate to that. All sorts of excuses flitted through my head such as the medication one. I should have put on mine, but come on Jenny ?years on a plateau LOL
Have a great weekend and thanks for adding me to your list of blogs you read.
See you Sunday :)
I have defintely seemed to have slowed down in my weight loss as well. Seems when I got under 200 lbs I stopped trying as hard.
I have been ON TRACK for the last couple of days with my upcoming weigh in on Saturday. I am hoping that I see inspiring results to kick me back into gear. I have goals and I really want to reach them!
I love the last paragraph "If I keep putting the effort in...the results will happen" You are so right.
This whole weight loss / maintenance journey can be so disheartening at times but I for one think you have been amazing over the last couple of years. Can you imagine what life would be like if you never had started?? Never have blogged? It is mind-boggling.
But you did start and look at you now... Just about the most amazing nana I know :-)
Have a great weekend Anne..
Medication can make things really hard sometimes... well done on finding that out...
Post a Comment