Thursday, November 22

Just felt I had to say thanks

Just felt I had to say thanks for the comments! Blogging is amazing, pour out just a few feelings and the support and care is there! Just to know you care is really appreciated. While life is not a bed of roses right now, Peter and I have realised that all we can do is be here - and listen and help if needed. And there is always light at the end of the tunnel - we are just waiting for someone to turn it on!!

So while life is not that great, we both had a laugh at our little grandson Jordyn today. He starts school next month and today was another school visit, this time he was to be left by his mum and stay on his own for the first time. So Rachel dropped him of in the classroom and told him she would be back later to pick him up. As she walked to the door he called out "mummy" Rachel went back to him and he looked up at her looking a little confused and asked "did I turn five in my sleep?"

Did a brief bit of retail therapy today, went looking for new togs for aqua, I get chlorine resistant ones from a shop in town. They had sold out - but there were two lovely tops that caught my eye. So they came home with me:-) Retail therapy is an instant lift of the mood!

Also - after probably two to three years of helping with the weigh ins at WW, I decided to quit. It was starting to really get to me. To start with I loved it, but after a few years of listening to people saying how they "got away" with eating fish and chips this week etc, (some people get away with murder as quite often they confess what they've done!) then the ones you know are really trying and getting despondent with their results. I just lost any enthusiasm for it. LOL somedays I felt like slapping women that had pigged out and managed a good result!!! Not a good way to feel when sitting there behind the desk. Best to quit and let someone new and fresh take over. I gave them a month's notice and I felt like a load had been lifted of me once I had done that. I didn't realise how much it was bugging me.

On the weight loss front - I've maintained the loss I had a month ago which I'm happy about. When I'm feeling more like it I will get stuck in again in another effort but meanwhile eating healthily. Exercising - well I'm going like a rocket. I did two aqua classes Monday and on Tuesday did two more back to back at night time. Into the pool at 5.00pm and out at 7.00pm! It didn't make me sleep any better that night though:-( Back to the pool yesterday - so into aqua daily once more and also more exercise tackling the garden.

Thanks once again!! I know we aren't alone.

9 comments:

Munzy said...

Hi Anne

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog - I would love to read your private blog - are you able to add me??

And thanks for the comments on my art - I am loving painting at the moment!

Jo

Chris H said...

So happy that you have the support you need ... blogging and the people we 'meet' that seem to care is wonderful!

Felicity said...

keep on truckin' kiddo

enjoy your weekend at beach

jen said...

Keep smiling Anne...you're right we never alone in bloggers world, so many great caring people have become part of our worlds.

Julie's Journey said...

I WILL remember to never admit to the weigher at WW my weekly indescretions - I might get slapped - LOL. I have asked Z to give you a hug from me and you are to give her one back also from me. Have a good week, you are still travelling okay.

Lyn said...

I used to find the same being a weigher at ww ... and the other one I found frustrating as a ww leader was the one that swore black and blue that they were doing everything exactly right but gaining lots of weight!! Just felt so helpless

Suzy said...

I hope things are soon OK for you and your family xx

Pam said...

Glad you feel a bit better at least. Beautiful weather in November is so hard to get my head round! Your grandchildren sound such pets.

Zanna said...

Just popping to make sure you're OK - hope things turn around for you soon. Hope we still manage to catch up but will understand if you can't. Will ring/or email anyway. Love Z xx