Tuesday, November 6

Motivation - and it never rains but it pours

Motivation - well you either have it - or you don't! Right now I don't - not sure why, but I just feel flat. I'm more or less on the points I should be, but the get up and go I had earlier when I started the low carb way of eating has just gone. More and more carbs and finding their way into my mouth - which could really be while I'm feeling like this. Exercise and water are also lacking. I don't want to be feeling like this, fortunately the scales are still being nice to me, but I want to just feel - umm - well motivated I suppose...... I don't, I feel flat.

It never rains but it pours - well in our house hold it seems. While Peter was making the decision to get the boat, his vehicle was in getting fixed, or so we thought. Now we find out the motor has blown up, too hard to fix. they can't get a replacement one! So he has taken over my old bomb for today as it can take a ladder rack, which means I'm left with the 4 wheel drive, which I've never driven! Too big for me! We need to get another vehicle and fast. So the boat is really bad timing, tax is also due this week:-( We could handle the fact the vehicle has had it, but the frustrating part is that we had only just spent $1600.00 on it. These things happen, but just a bit too often for my liking. I better keep on reading the book "The Secret"! In response to the comments - no you don't have to have a 'skipper's' license in NZ, but it would good sense and I know he is looking at doing a course. I know he will be a cautious boatie especially at this beach as it can get rough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I have been in a funk for the last 2 weeks and now feeling like I want to get back on track... it is weird how bloglanders all loose their motivation together aye.

Keep your chin up hun.

Love Chubbymum

Chris H said...

Well that just sucks about the vehicle mate! Hope you can get another one soon. Don't know where my motivation went either!

Rachel said...

The motivation will come back, it always does. You are looking fabulous and as long as those scales are looking OK, don't stress.

YAY you get to buy a new vehicle - trying to put a positive spin on things -.

I had a 4 wheel drive for a couple of years and just loved it. It was very big and high but you get use to it and I always felt really safe in it.