Another temporary hiccup
*** UPDATE ***
The medication has kicked in quickly - so all going well I will be ok for the pool sometime next week!!
Also the test was ok (I think!) Stupid - but my stomach gets tied up in knots before hand, and then I always feel I could have better....
Will update after the weekend - have a good one!
It seems as this year every single effort made to increase my exercise soon gets squashed flat.... My visit to the doctor resulted in being told the skin infection is actually a boil! Gross! I'ts not really painful but being at the top of my inner thigh means even walking is not an option. So no aqua and no walking:( I went home and got on the net and saw various reasons why they can occur and one was harsh chemicals. As I quite often break out in minor rashes I'm now wondering if the pool could be part of the problem. Frustrating but I'm on anti-biotics and hopefully I'll be back to normal soon! My first reaction on being told what it was - gross - and then what exercise can I do now! On the positive side (if this could be positive) it's freed me up to get some study done. This is just another temporary hiccup.... Also I'm going to have to be extra good with eating to make up for the lack of movement.
Our daughter has had to fly down south for a couple of days for work, so Devin was dropped of here today for me to take to school. He's got to the stage where rather than being time consuming he just potters around doing his thing, talking non-stop of course. He wants to come over to the beach this weekend. Won't be long until the next two start asking to come as well! I can see we are going to have to start giving them turns!
We are having a family get together next weekend, our son is visiting from the South Island for a few days, being a chef he doesn't get time off over the holidays. It is also our daughter's birthday and a welcome to her brother-in-law and his partner who emigrated here from the UK last week! We will do our Christmas draw as well. We buy for the grandchildren and each other but instead of all of us buying individual Christmas presents we put names in and draw out one each. Very easy, a lot of fun and also takes a lot of stress of everyone. Then we all have several weeks trying to guess who has got who to buy for! I've thought as well for the get together - we have two chefs! Our son and also one of the English couple. So maybe I can just sit and watch! A bit of a joke really as it takes a lot to get our son in the kitchen when he's on holiday - has happened occasionally and when it does it's worth waiting for but won't hold my breath!
It also sounds as if the two new comers to NZ are maybe coming over the beach too - all I can think is that I hope that we don't get 130 k winds we got there last weekend - not impressive at all!
Test tomorrow - the last one before the exam. I've really enjoyed this paper, remind me of that next week when I'm struggling with the theory.
Catch you later!
9 comments:
You obviously have great family times Anne. Bad luck about the boil, mainly because of it affecting your exercise. I know you won't give up though, it is just a minor hiccup.
What a bugger about the boil!!
Did I hear you say your enjoying this paper???? I will definately remind you next week....LOL
The family get together sounds heavenly :)
I have had one of those on my thigh before and it is the most painful thing!!! Big hugs hun
Love CM
Bummer on the exercise front, and hope your nasty infection clears up real fast! I think I can remember having one once.... in same place too!
Bugger about the boil and the exercise so I do hope it clears up real soon for your sake! :)
Good luck for the test tomorrow - but am sure you will pass with flying colours!
Ouch!!!!! - chin up! :)
Oh dear, poor you. Still, it sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. Hope you're completely back to normal soon.
i found u on jen hoons blog koz i too am experiencing plataeu zone since june this year... i have lost 25kgs and cant get past it for some reason, you my dear are an inspiration to me.. keep it up and keep in touch if you like xx
tiny d
yuk...boils are not good, I used to suffer with them years ago too, not pleasant at all!!
Have a great weekend with your family....
Jen
Post a Comment