Friday, November 10

TGIF

No weigh in for me tomorrow as we are away for the weekend. We have our dog come house sitters staying again which is a load of our minds. Food has been fine this week but because I have this cold my exercise is down compared to normal. I’ve had the pedometer on though and my steps the past couple of days:
Wednesday: 7155 steps
Thursday: 9024 steps
So far today just over 4,000. Not quite the magic 10,000 but I feel I’ve been attempting to keep the activity going.

Up bright and early this morning and got some office work done and then headed of into town to get a warrant. My car has a bad diesel leak!! I had no idea – so it needs some work before I can get a warrant. Then I went to UCOL, it was good as only a couple in the class and I ended up talking to the lecturer about where to from here. I sort of get these doubts whether I’m wasting time doing this as I’m no longer out in the paid work force, although I work in our own business. I’m enjoying it, but find it a lot of pressure and time involved and like the weight loss thing – this is something I also should have done years ago!! We had a good talk and she has advised me to get an appointment with the top lecturer there who can guide me on what papers would go together and compliment each other, also what order to do the papers in. Some can be done on-line as well. Then I met up with Jenny (Jo’s mum) for lunch, as usual once we got talking time went fast. Then groceries for the weekend and home. Rachel ahd everything under control in the office – so I’ve opacked up the vehicle ready to go away tonight. We are heading over to the coast with a couple of lots of friends. Looking forward to it, despite the weather. Hopefully they can get some fishing done – if not we have plenty of firewood, Cranium and some red wine (and I’ll count the points!) I did something positive when getting the groceries, I always end up buying lots of snack food and taking over, I grabbed a packet of cashews and then thought – no! They are my downfall, so I put them back and got some rice crackers, low fat pretzels and salsa instead. Out of sight – out of mind!

Our daughters have books for the kids that they write little bits of theirs lives in, funny things they say etc. From time to time I’ve added bits to it. Here is something I’ve written for Devin that I’m going to put in for him after the weekend. It made me laugh at the time.

Devin – you sometimes get this far away look in your eyes when I can tell you are really thinking deeply about something and I wait to see what you are going to come out with. I drove you home after looking after you and pulled up outside your hose in the pouring rain. You looked at me, your eyes got that look and I waited….. and then

You – Nana can you run?
Me – A little bit. (little white lie)

You – Can you run really fast?
Me – Not very fast!

You – Can you show me how fast you can go?
Me – Why do you want to see me run?

You – Because it’s raining very hard and if you took my book and ran inside really fast it wouldn’t get wet!


He was dead serious too – not trying to be cheeky.

Have a great weekend:)

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Have a lovely weekend at the beach Anne. Hope it's not blowing a gale over there.

jen said...

Have a great weekend...glad you left the cashews behind...they are a downfall of mine too...very morish, eat some, want more !!

Jen

Suzy said...

Oh, aren't Grandchildren just SO cute!