I feel like a sickie!
This morning I would have given anything to turn over and go back to sleep. I woke up during the night with a sore throat and blocked nose. Only thing is that self-employed people don’t get sickies!! (I haven't had one for about three years) I thought ahead to what I had on, first thing was to get the paper work done for Fridays work, (it has to be done electronically before 10.00am daily!) Next thing was UCOL at 10.00am, I was hoping to go to aqua at lunch time (changed my mind about that though), back to the office; pick up Devin at 3.00pm – no chance of a lie in, let along a sickie – so I got up. Then when heading into town some mad person pulled out of a car park right in front of me! I had to jam on the brakes and almost got into a skid on the wet road, the car seat in the back just about ended up in the front but the main thing was I avoided the mad driver. Close though! Onto UCOL – my mind felt a bit not with it, but I got through the class. I thought it would be mad to go onto the pool feeling like this so instead went to the chemist for a quick cure, Rachel was here working I thought I would have a quick coffee break, so treated myself to a magazine, and headed off for a coffee, and would you believe there was one of our old neighbours who has a reputation of well .... um talking a lot!! She invited me to join her and so I got filled up on all the news of everyone we ever knew in much detail and my magazine sat there unread. Grrr – I couldn’t really be bothered.
Weigh in – as you know I've opted to weigh in weekly again but I’m passed stressing about them really. But I do sort of wonder why after a really good week when the scales were going down and I thought I may end up with around an 800 gram loss – but would you believe on Saturday morning the scales were up again, 600 grams up - overnight? And so I scrapped in with a 200 gram loss. But hey - all I thought was at least I’m here, I'm monitoring what I'm doing, I’m trying and there was a small loss. The woman in front of me in the queue on Saturday had a bit of a fit when she didn’t get the result she was after. We’ve all felt like that at times – but why stress so much?
After weigh in – I went shopping – ooops.... I was after a pair of summer shoes, I found them, then a top, then a pair of ¾ pants, then a hand bag and then I thought what the hell and topped of the purchases with a lipstick!! Peter was out working when I got home (he he - helping to pay for the purchases maybe) so I unpacked everything, put them in the wardrobe and closed the door. He got home and asked what I had been up to? "Not much" I said! He wouldn’t mind but I just felt a bit guilty. Thinking about it though I know for years I hardly spent money on myself mainly because nothing fitted, nothing looked good – so I’m just making up for lost time!!
As I’m probably going to give aqua a miss until I shake off this sore throat, I’ve put my pedometer back on and I’m on 5854 steps. Not too bad.
Off to get some work done, cook dinner, drop Devin off home.... And now I've just received an email from my daughter - she has to work until around midnight or later(setting up Christmas displays etc) she wants her husband to drop the boys here in the morning and for me to drop them off to school and child care as she can start late tomorrow and wants a sleep in! She did say - I owe you one Mum - and I agreed!
3 comments:
A loss is a loss! You have had a busy day today and it looks like it will be just as busy tomorrow. Relax tonight - you've got the right idea, don't stress the small stuff. Have a great week
Julie
fantastic work on the loss! Lucky you for finding shoes, maybe I need a roadtrip to palmy ... pity theres only 6 weekends left until Chrissie ... I dont know if I can wait 5 weeks for shoe shopping!
Good on you for going shopping, I can relate to how good it feels to be able to buy clothes again... and yep, don't stress about the weight, silly woman on saturday eh! Shame we couldn't get outta there sooner to meet you for m/tea, sounds like you had fun anyway. Hope you feeling better soon, I hope to go to aqua on thurs night, see you there maybe.
Post a Comment