Monday, November 27

My Christmas goals.

UPDATE
Thought I would share a photo of our dessert Saturday night. I made the pavlova, our chef visitor did the choc truffle cake and the individual tiramasus. The kid grinning in heaven in the back ground is Devin. Luckily - I don't have a sweet tooth! I asked Peter for just a mouthful of his tiramasu - it was to die for - but I stopped there. Must admit I had pesto dip, bagels and just a few nuts though - my downfall - see below......

Well I'm doing a great job at maintaining my weight! My first weigh in I lost a whopping 200grams and this one I gained back a 100! Chris reckons I need a change - and I do! I have had a couple of half hearted attempts at the no count plan, to be honest it's not really for me and this time of the year would probably be a bit dangerous to change over. But the one thing I'm doing wrong is eating the same type of food daily. Every single mornng I have WW cereal topped with yoghurt, most lunches are a sandwich or sushi, my snacks tend to be WW cereal bars, crispbreads or bananas, dinner varies a bit but you get the picture. So I'm going to change breakfast - cereal only maybe once a week, no more cereal bars! Maybe just a couple of times a week have a big lunch, lighter dinner. And one idea from the no count plan - snacks between meals will be my fruit.

I've been getting worried about the month ahead as trying to lose weight is almost impossible, so the thought of gaining over Christmas and holidays has been bothering me. If I knew I was the type of person who could get stuck in a drop a couple of gained kilos in a week or two I wouldn't care but I know any gain would possibly take maybe a couple of months of hard work to get off once more - and I just don't want that to happen. It's a combination of age, medication and a stubborn body. You may think I sound a bit paranoid about it - and I don't care if it comes across that way. I'm not - it's just that I know how bloody hard it has been to get this far and I definately don't want to undo the work I've done! I'm also happy with what I eat and I don't feel like stuffing my face with pavlova, lashings of cream etc is going to make me happy. I know what my downfalls are and how I can try and avoid them - so here it is.....

WW on Saturday was on the Christmas countdown. My thoughts had been heading in that direction knowing that I've found it hard the last couple of years. We had to work out our Christmas goals and the day before I already had one planned - but now it's here for you to see - so I have to do it now! It was to do 10,000 steps every day. A big one for me when most of the day is sitting in this chair in front of a computer. So my goals are:
Weight goal:
Staying the same! (I'm trying to be realistic here, as me losing weight would be almost a miracle - especially this time of the year) So staying the same would be just fine!!

Exercise goal:
10,000 steps each day.
So far
Friday: 10011
Saturday: 10566
Sunday: 10053

Food Goal:
No cashews, or any type of nuts, or crackers - This is one of my downfalls - I can never stop at one - so I'm not having any - not one! (instead make sure I'm have low fat bagels, pretzels and rice crackers handy)

Other goals: (I like the one they used as an example so using that!)
To have a good time without over indulging in food.
I'm also adding to this by planning a couple of treats, e.g. I love Christmas pudding and custard so planning to have some, and I can doctor it up to make it point friendly.

I'm feeling a lot more confident that this year I can cope and most importantly enjoy Christmas!

We had the family get together on Saturday and bit of a mini disaster occured. We bought a book case for the beach house, it is in our big shed where we ended up having the BBQ (due to the wind!) The bookcase is covered with a tarpulin, helpful son bought out the meat on a platter ready to be cooked, also a plate of asparagus and put it on the bookcase. Someone else came along and put a pair of binoculars beside it all. Young grandson saw the binoculars and thought I'll have those, reached up (shouldn't have done it but they must have looked tempting) down came the book case, down came the platter of meat, asaparagus and smashed to the ground, not really sure what else got hit as I weas inside but quite a mess. Little grandson ended up propping up the bookcase - he had to or he would have been squashed!! He was traumatised, grand dad not impressed, LOL I had a glass of wine, we quickly thawed out more meat. We had two chefs here - one was our son who we give heaps as he is a reluctant chef when visiting. I worked away on Saturday while he was out visiting friends, typical! The other chef is other daughters BIL's partner, he arrived with a chocolate truffle cake and individual tiramasus! Our girls gave their brother heaps as he had done sweet all. I think he got the message as last night he cooked a delicious vege curry! And very sweet of him to as he knows I like vegeatrian dishes, also low fat ones - and this curry was made with lentils and various veges and tasted just beautiful!

This week is going to be a bit of a case of head down in books so I don't think I will be posting here until the exam is over. Will still fit in aqua though just to give the brain a rest!

Have a good week!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Your plans to maintain over Xmas sound great! And you know that mixing up your meals/portions etc will help you get off a plateau eh? Neat to see you at aqua, we had fun.

Karen said...

Your Christmas goals sound great and very realistic :)
Bugger about the bookcase incident but glad your grandson was ok.
Good luck for your exam but am sure you will do just fine.
Have a good week

jen said...

Good luck Anne, I have been doing the same as you are....I call it Jen's version of no count and it is working for me, I have relaxed and feel heaps better about me and not as obsessed about my weight.
Have a great week, have a good week.

Jen

Chris H said...

Oh my god, you resisted that veritible feast! I don't think I could have....and what is that metal "thingee' on the table? Looks interesting.

Gabby said...

I know just how you feel about December! it is such a struggle for me also and I know I am just not one of those people who quickly lose the weight after Christmas. I too will struggle for at least 2 months and that can be so discouraging. I thought you idea of writing your goals down for December was so great! I have done the same - I feel so much better now I have a plan. thanks so much for the inspiration!!! I look forward to sharing our successes for this crazy season! I know we can do this
Gabby :)

celtic_girl said...

Hi there, thanks for droppiong by on my blog. I unfortunately have a sweet tooth and those desserts look divine.Well done on resisting the temptation. You are sure to succeed over Xmas with your goals. Goodluck !!!