Friday, September 14

Bits and pieces.....

The Missi0n - every year we get tickets and go to the show at the winery, my sister and friends spent a few hours on the internet getting the tickets for the next concert early March. We get these tickets with no idea at all who is performing. Some years the acts are great, other years the performers are a bit second rate. But it always is a good, fun weekend, catching up with everyone, brunch out, a visit to the farmer's market before coming home - so we go anyway. The rumours for the performer for the next concert are now going around - we had heard Celine Di0n, was quite keen if that was the case - now the latest rumour is D0lly Parton..... :-( Peter just laughed when I told him!

Received an email this morning about cheap flights to Nelson - so out came the credit card and we are booked to go down and visit our son early November. The cheap flights are only for mid week though and we won't be staying where he works either - not at over $2,000 per night!!

I limited my carbs yesterday and threw in a lot more variety. I thought I needed carbs, my comfort food! Yet I didn't miss them! The fruit bowl is full with grapes, kiwi fruit, mandarins, and apples. Today I've started the day with a lovely omlette - all this variety and here I have been eating more or less the same type of food day in and day out!!!

This weekend, we are going to a show Saturday night, and then it will be a race home to watch the rugby. Oversight on our part - we didn't realise the rugby was on the same night as the show as we would staying home for the night! Also a little while back we bought some railway sleepers so are going to put in a raised summer vege garden, and as the place is overgrown with weeds will be spending some time outside, much needed!

Exercise yesterday - well I forgot to put my pedometer back on after changing when I got home from WW, so steps stopped at just over 5,000. Did an aqua session last neight - the water was freezing!! That always makes me move more. I still can't laugh without feeling it in my tummy, and I discovered sore arms in the pool last night.

Of shortly to meet Jenny and Chris for morning tea. So I better get sorted here so I won't be late!

Thanks for your encouraging words.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Celine or Dolly? I bet neither mate! Those two wouldn't come all this way for a small concert, they charge millions!!!! Omelet for breakfast, yum! I'm having nothing so I can eat at morning tea. see you soon.

Rachel said...

Great that you are going down to Nelson to visit your son. Wouldn't it be great to stay where he is working, just to find out what the hell you get for $2,000 a night???

Enjoy your morning tea with the girls.

I'm totally sympathetic when it come to FREEZING water - heated pool, I don't think so!!!!

Sue said...

Yep, we got tickets too.

Grab your accommodation off www.wotif.co.nz - always lots of bargains!

Pam said...

Wow, Nelson. Our son and his young lady are going to Nelson for 2 months next March and April to work in a hospital there and are SO EXCITED. They arranged it nearly a year ago and his room is full of maps of NZ and books about what to do and so on. It looks lovely. Have a nice time there - I'm sure you will.