Tuesday, September 18

Walked in and staggered out...

The title describes my feeling on leaving the class today, shaky and legs like jelly. Yoga/pilates sounded gentle when I first looked at the class but this is the hardest thing I have done with my body! The bloody swiss ball has wheels, it was going everywhere! Then the stretches at the end made me go a little light headed and I had to sit down! I do that every now and then and put it down to the BP and medication. The very last stretch (which I just didn't or couldn't do) involved hands on the floor, head down and feet up against the wall - upside down. Three people in the class today, the new person was a new mum and wanting to tone up after a C-section. I couldn't believe it when I found out she had been a trapeze artist in the circus!!! Watching both the new mum and instructor I really did feel useless, but then I remembered how I felt after the first two classes and know that despite me not being able to complete everything - it's got to be doing some good. The instructor is lovely and kept reminding us it was a work in progress and to do just what we could.

After the class we had almost a show and tell section. The new mum was concerned about the scar from her C-section and if her tummy would go back to normal. The scar and tummy looked nothing to me compared to mine. I had an emergency C-section when Rachel was born and they cut me downwards. Resulting in a tummy that looks a little like someones rear end! Carrying twins 17 months later and being the size of a house added to the damage. Now the instructor reckons she can help me work to flatten it out.... this I've got to see.

I didn't get back to aqua last night, some days time just doesn't go my way. I picked up Devin from school and then had to get Fynn from day care. Jordyn was there as well and with his big brown eyes he insisted that his mummy told him he was coming back to the farm with Nana, wrong but how could I resist!! The pair of them were naughty though - well maybe it was just excitement. They came in and told me they had been playing in the sand pit That is no sand pit - it's the new vege garden! The two of them were going in all directions, and while I was keeping up with them Devin got his wish and could use the computer. Dropped them of home just after 5.00pm - phew (10,049 steps later and no official walks!). LOL Peter went to put Toby our dog in the kennel last night and couldn't find him anywhere! The little darlings had already done this for us and Toby had been put to bed a few hours earlier than normal.

Still going ok with the lower carb plan. It means I really have to think what to have for meals as meals used to revolve around carbs of some sort. Today I resisted sushi and came home and made a lovely omelette instead. 2 egg whites and one yolk, tomato and a dash of cheese. So not only did I save a few dollars by not buying sushi, this is the first lunch time I've had without either bread in some form or sushi!

The comments about me seeming to have more energy, I actually do feel like that, not sure what is going on there, but I will use it while I've got it! Office work calls - catch you later:-)

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Well done Anne.........at this rate you will be all flexible in no time at all. :)
Had to laugh at the boys putting toby to bed and the sand pit!!!!! Gotta love them though!!! It's great too that you can just send them off home for their Parents to clean them up LOL Bet they slept well last night!!

Lee-Anne said...

Come on Nana, your new vege garden sort of looks like a sandpit - all boxed in. I really laughed at that. My boys did the same to me when they little tykes.

Sounds like you've got everything in hand.

Zanna said...

I'm so enjoying reading about your pilates and yoga - as I said earlier I've never done either and it's so interesting hearing how your're finding it. If things works out and I join this new gym - they have a variety of classes but not sure what yet - hoping there might be a pilates and I'll be able to try it. Had to laugh at the boys putting the dog to bed and finding the 'new sandput'. Good for your for staying away from the carbs - sounds like it might be just the thing for you. I certainly find that if I just have soup and bread/bun for lunch I don't feel as good as the days when I have my big bowl of mixed salad with either ham, tuna or salmon added.
Z xx

Chris H said...

Ha ha ! gotta love them boys, playing in the sand pit! And putting Toby to bed, how sweet! Keep up all the good exercise mate, you rock.

jen said...

phewwwwwwwwww know all about the extras steps when looking after grandies, I had one of mine on the weekend and believe me I did plenty of them keeping up with her!!

Well done,

Jen xx

Rachel said...

The more energy you have is due to the lower carbs I reckon. I have found the same thing since lowering mine and as soon as I have some extra carbs (bread usually) I feel all sluggish again.

I have a free membership for 1 month at lifestyles gym in the hutt (long story...hahaha) and they have yoga and pilates classes which after reading about yours, I'm really interested.

I also had 2 c-sections and hope the pilates can help with the flattening of my tummy but I'm not expecting miracles....hahaha.

Maybe if Peter builds the kids a REAL sandpit they will leave your vege patch alone???? Maybe.

Lyn said...

Ya'd think they would take in to consideration the mum's self esteem when those doctors cut ya from top to bottom. They did the same with my sister. Surely it wouldn't take much more to do the cut along the bikini line.

Anonymous said...

I read in the WW magazine or the Slimming magazine that the egg is a great source of protein and that years ago they said to only eat the whites but the yellow is a great source... and not to leave them out... interesting how things change aye.

OMG if I went to that sort of class I can just imagine I would be laughing the whole way through because some of the positions would be scary for a big person like me he he he

Love ya
Chubbymum

Sue said...

I hope I can find a class as supportive as yours!