Wednesday, September 19

Feels like Summer!

Just an amazing day here, feels like Summer! Love days like this. I was up bright and early again as I was doing the school drop of and wanted to get some office work done first. After I dropped Devin of I went into town and bought some pots, potting mix and herbs and came home and planted them. Veges now all planted as well (mmm yes the garden does look a bit like a sand pit!) looking forward to reaping the goodies in Summer. So far combo lettuces, cherry tomatoes, silverbeet, courgettes and rashishes and then I ran out of room! Have some big pots full of herbs as well.

For some reason today - I've been HUNGRY!! Rumbling tum hunger! Not sure why as had a good breakfast, and a snack mid morning so haven't cut back on quantities. In fact my breakfasts are a lot more than I used to have! It was hard not to just dive into what ever I could find to eat. I somehow resisted and decided to chop up a carrot. Then found we are down to the last one in the vege bin which was a sad withered looking speciman, so I didn't bother. So after my aqua class it was sushi for lunch followed by a mandarin and I feel a lot better now!

It's so nice outside so the work in the office can wait and I'm going to get out in the garden. Shock, horror - the weeds won't know what hit them!

Catch you later:-)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Beautiful day here too. I also spent a bit of time just using the push hoe round the gardens. Love the sound of those fresh veggies being ready for the summer..Yummy. Maybe I should get a veggie patch here too!!!!! Haven't had one one for many years.LOL :)

Helena said...

hungry eh? sounds like your metabolism is kicking in big time ... woohoo!

Chris H said...

I can't believe how hot it got this afternoon!!!!! Awesome eh? Roll on summer.

Suzy said...

It wasn't much of a day here. Don't the sunny days make you feel so much better though? I agree, roll on summer.

Sue said...

How nice to actually WANT to get out in the garden.

Lee-Anne said...

Stop!!! You're making me jealous. I've been trying for the past couple of weeks to get into my gardens. My pots need redoing and I need some more for some herbs.

Weather is not flash here at the moment, but it's not cold either.