Wednesday, September 12

Fallen of the wagon??

Yesterday I went to the pilates/yoga class, 10071 steps and then aqua at night! Love days like this when I feel I've achieved a lot. When we came back from holiday I had made a decision to add walking into my day and aim for 10,000 steps a day, it doesn't alway happen but so far this week just for the record I've done it! (steps down below for the week.) So I felt I received a little knock back when someone said to me "You've fallen of the wagon lately with your exercise." I replied that now I was walking each day now as well as going to aqua - the answer was - "but you've fallen of the wagon with the gym!" Can't win them all. I bit my tongue but wish I could be a bit more outspoken at times! Also I shouldn't have to justify myself, I'm happy with what I'm doing. My muscles aren't as sore as last week after the session yesterday, I think the aqua jogging last night helped here. Amazing lot of variety in the class and I like how I can feel what it is doing without equipment.

Weigh in tomorrow - hate to say but a peek this morning shows a gain! Hell I thought!! Probably right back to where I started four weeks ago. I feel like I should be hanging my head here - but I have tried, so no head hanging required! Ok in that period I've probably four days over points (not by much at all) but then I never count exercise points. I'm still going to go and weigh in! But this has really made me realise I do have to change something. It shouldn't be this hard to lose a couple of kilos! It's hard to get my head around lowering the carbs I have, but I feel it could be the answer. Just seems such a drastic thing to do when I love bread, sushi, starchy veges!! Helena gave me some ideas of meals - also thanks for your idea Sue, I will 'ease' myself into it -the first week no carbs at dinner, will also try cutting them at breakfast. And then work on it from there. The main thing is to change what and how I'm eating. Meanwhile sushi can stay some days - for now....

Thinking of the lowering carbs in my food made me grin at the memory of a boss I had who was trying the Dr Atkins diet. In fact there were a couple in the office doing it. They would sit there every lunch time with a huge ham salad, munching away then one day the boss got up and said "I've got one thing to say" - we waited..... and then he announced "I'm sick of bloody salad!!" and threw it in the rubbish and marched out of the office. So whatever I do - I don't want to feel I'm deprived, or that I'm dieting, rather find alternative foods I enjoy. Will be hunting down low-carb recipes as well.


Steps so far this week....
averaging out at just over 10,000 a day. LOL no matter how many steps I do, when ever I check on Jenny, she has done more!!

Mon: Aqua, walk
Tues: One pilates/yoga (the killer class), walk, aqua
Wed: Of to aqua - then a walk sometime

Fallen of the wagon?? Pffft! I don't think so!!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

No way have you fallen off the wagon....silly person for suggesting you had!! You are doing so much more exercise than I am or am able to at this stage..LOL. Remember walking is the only exercise I do :)
Are you around on Friday? Hair appt 12noon but have to be home by 3pm as am doing a couple hours extra babysitting. Would late morning tea work???
Hope to see you :)

Chris H said...

LOVE the attitude mate! Pftttt indeed!

Chubbymum said...

I totally understand!!!!

All in moderation and enjoy life is what my motto is right now..

Lose the weight but also feel good about life and what you are eating or what is the point in living.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

jen said...

Weight shifts and changes throu the course of a day....good luck with the weigh in....fallen off the wagon, pffft !!!

Rachel said...

Some people just don't think when they voice their opinions eh?

You should have come back with "I haven't exchanged the gym with pilates/yoga plus walking so I have actually increased my exercise".

Good luck with weigh in.

I could NEVER give up sushi so maybe just cut down IF YOU HAVE TO.....LOL

Anonymous said...

I only tried pilates for the first time this year, i found some of the exercises a bit of a lay down and then some of the exercises not actually physically possible to do ... so my pilates partaking didnt last too long LOL Sounds like you are on a winner though! good on ya :D