That hill!
I've just got back from a walk to my friend's house just down the road from here. The walk back up the hill to our house is a bit of a huff, puff one. Over the years (on my various weight loss attempts) I used to try and tackle this hill and would on an average stop about five times, gasping for breath, hoping no-one would see me as I was puffing away, I looked like possible heart attack material. This morning not only did I walk back up the hill - I didn't stop! I also managed to hold a conversation with the neighbour who lives opposite us, who I met on the way. There is no way I could have done that a few years ago! I was just a little bit puffed when I got home but it made me realise I've come a long way! The visit with my friend was lovely - we sat outside in the sun over a cup of coffee. Sun - yes!! On the way home she told me to pick some daffodils from in front of their property. So not only was I not puffing going up the hill - here I was with a huge bunch of daffodils in one hand, the joys of spring!
The pain in my body has eased now - although I still have to hold hold onto my tummy when I cough or laugh! What did that woman do to me!! Going to go to the pool shortly for a lunchtime aqua class. Back to sqeeze in some work before I have to collect Devin from school. Tomorrow we are heading over to the beach, it's been ages since we've been so I'm looking forward to it, a couple of walks, a good book and we just may go to the local pub Sat night if I can't be bothered cooking. TV reception is rubbish over there and we can only get two channels, not that it bothers us as it's nice to get away and not watch TV - but now with the World cup ahead of us it could be a different story, so Peter is looking at buying something, LOL me being such a techno (not) I don't know what it is but it will mean more channels and good reception. So tonight we are going shopping.
So much happening in blog land, I was in tears reading Lynn's post this morning. Thoughts are with the family.
The recovery of Helena (wonder woman!)
Also Happy birthday wishes to M and Chubby Mum:-)
6 comments:
Great effort on the hill walk, isn't it amazing to think how easy it is now compared to only a few years ago.
I have the same great feeling when walking up the stairs at work (3 flights) because 2 years ago I didn't even attempt them and ALWAYS took the lift but can now easily skip up 2 flights and walk the 3rd without having a major heart attack at the top.
Haven't we come so far.
I'll pass on to Helena your 'wonder woman' comment when I see her this afternoon.
Very sad about Lyn's sister and babies, I can't even imagine what that poor women and her husband (and family) are going through....just tragic.
Have a wonderful weekend at the bach, the weather is suppose to be superb.
Have a neat time over at the beach mate, you will be missed tomorrow.
Have a great time relaxing at the beach you deserve it after the ups & downs of the past week. Thanks to you going for your hill walk you inspired me to get out in the fresh air & sunshine and go for a long walk myself. The longest I've done outside for many months!!!! So again thanks for that :)
Have a great weekend at the beach - I'll have my fingers crossed that the weather holds out for you :)
Have a great time at the beach....ahhh heaven !! Enjoy your shopping tonight!!
ahhhhhhhh hill walks...I am with you there, haven't we come a longgggggg way!! Go us ehhhhh??
Well done on tackling that hill - those sort of victories are a great feeling aren't they? Enjoy your weekend.
Post a Comment