2008 and here I go again!!!
I felt flat yesterday. A combination of- being tired after our holiday (hey - that doesn't sound quite right!), back into work mode, a cloudy, muggy day, piles of washing to do, and finally realising that the party is over! The indulgences I had over the break was really nothing compared to my old standards but still way too much and the wrong food for me these days. How easy it would be to just keep on going in this way - scary!!! I was at the stage that I didn't give a damn what I ate or drunk, no cautions at all!! Hard now to go from that to getting any form of 'normal' eating - I hate feeling like this, like I don't care what weight I am, don't care if I gain weight. I've had some couldn't care less moments in the past - but not this bad!
I've been thinking hard of the benefits I have found through losing weight loss, how good I feel now to how I used to feel. Trying to remember back to what it was like to feel bigger and overweight. I think it is working! I dragged my self of to aqua yesterday, I stayed on track, I even drunk a few glasses of water. I got out 'the white t-shirt' which is the only bit of clothing I've kept from my big days. It used to fit snug, but it's gigantic and I don't what to go back to that!!! Only one thing to do - is to get back on track! I've managed one day. This morning I woke up, feeling a lot happier, a lot more focused, less tired and ready to face any challenges ahead of me. It's a bit forced but I'm sure I will get back into it being second nature again.
Today plans - get down the Christmas decorations! I'm child minding so as work is still quiet we will go somewhere for a drive this afternoon. Aqua tonight.
Has got me thinking about plans for 2008. I’m working on a list… Not just food and exercise plans but lots of things going on in my mind that I want to try. I'm looking forward to 2008 and feeling a whole lot better than I did yesterday!
7 comments:
I know how you feel Anne, I have started yesterday but still have the urge to just binge like a mo fo!!
It's the water that I'm struggling with, haven't drunk stuff all over Xmas and need to get back into the habit.
Know how you feel or rather felt. Same here!!! No water, no exercise, wrong food choices and a generally don't care, no motivation attitude. Have given myself a good talking too but my silly brain hasn't got up to speed yet. It will happen but not overnight...LOL
Well done Anne on turning your thoughts around. Must catch up soon :)
Glad you are feeling better today mate. Saturday.. morning tea at Churchyard Cafe, 10 am. Come if ya want!
if anyone is going to do this, it's going to be you ... your stickability is infectious :D
Belated Happy New Year Anne! Sounds like you had a fantastic time away with family and friends (except for the hospital scare)!
And yes 2008 IS going to be YOUR year!
It is waaaaaay to easy to slip back into crap eating habits... but the image of being back where I was is enough to spur me on...
blog and be accountable... that helps too...
I stilll havent taken down my decos yet... doh... just another job I should be doing instead of being here....
Welcome back to blogland. Happy New Year all the best with getting back on track.
Post a Comment