Thursday, January 10

All good here!

It's a bit of a circus here today! I offered to have a couple of the grandkids as it's school holiday time and their parents are working, then decided I may as well get their cousin Jordyn. Playing and acting the goat two of them accidentally collided, (Fynn's eye, Jordyn's shoulder) oops looks like a black eye on the way. They also found a hedgehog that the dog had bought back - LOL Peter and I were watching out the window and the two younger boys looked at this hedgehog in horror as it rolled up in a huge ball protecting itself from the dog (they obviously hadn't seen one before) then one yelled out "'there's a huge brown ball with spikes that looks a bit like a pine cone and it moves!" they both raced back into the house - pronto! After having some fruit we made pancakes with maple syrup for lunch. I wasn't tempted and instead made myself a Quesadilla. Filled up a t0rtilla with re fried beans, red onions and tomatoes and had a little lite sour cream and salad. Just sprayed a pan and toasted it both sides. Tasted great but the re fried beans looked suspiciously like the contents of a babies nappy! So I didn't look too closely while I ate it!! I want to try lots of different foods this year. Not too sure if the re fried beans will be tried again though! I was getting into a bit of a rut last year eating the same old things and not trying too much different. I feel by trying new foods and putting a bit of effort into my meals, then I'm sitting down to something that looks tasty to eat and I don't feel deprived. Does that make sense?

Aqua last night - well I felt my age, they were all young 20 year olds! Also one very energetic man - so she worked the hell out of us, we were puffing the whole class, doing races across the pool etc, I liked it though as sometimes it gets a little bit too cruisy. If you are going to exercise may as well go as hard as you can! Hoping I can get back tonight if Peter comes home in time to take over the kids, ummm an idea maybe I could take them down with me??

Better go - a child is calling, LOL I thought I had escaped to the office but he found me!

Oh - and I do feel that I've managed to put the party/holiday season behind me! Eating well - all good here!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Got to love Grandkids. Tarsha loves barking at and trying to pick up hedgehogs too. Glad she is not the only dog doing that....LOL Enjoy Aqua :)

Chris H said...

I love the idea of trying different foods, we must put our heads together on that one! Grandkids... yep lovely if you only have to have them for visits.... not like me where it's full time till they leave home!

Teresa said...

Sounds like those kids are keeping you pretty busy. Enjoy venturing into new foodland.

Christine said...

I am feeling better about eating now too now that the Christmas season is over. :))))

Pam said...

You sound as if you had a wonderful, if exhausting, Christmas season. You are so lucky with those grandchildren! I sometimes feel I'll never get any!

Zanna said...

Great to hear that you've got your focus back for this year - might need some help to get mine back next week when i get back to Oz. Sounds exciting that Izzy is going to join your family. Will respond better in a couple of weeks. love Z xx