Monday, January 14

Excited!

I have an old school friend that I met right at the start of my school days. We were very close and we did everything together, loads of fun over the years. We travelled overseas together on our OE when we were 19. A six week trip on a ship - loads of memories. She never returned to NZ to live as she met and married a guy from England. They eventually settled in Australia. We've both visited back and forth a couple of times and as you tend to with far away friends always have the catch up at Christmas with an email or card. I've just had a surprise phone call from her. She is in NZ (sadly visiting her older sister who has cancer and not long to live) staying only about an hour from here. Tonight she is coming to visit and stay. I was shocked to hear from her but really excited to hear she is visiting. Better go and change the sheets - the last people to sleep in the spare bed were two little grandkids......

We've been keeping a big crayfish for a special occasion. This is it!!

5 comments:

Chris H said...

How exciting, I hope you have a fantastic catch up!

Teresa said...

What a wonderful suprise. Hope you have a ton of fun catching up.

Chubbymum said...

Wohoooo that is a great suprise. Have a great time with your friend.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Me said...

What a great surprise - I hope you have a fantastic time catching up with your friend.

Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Lee-Anne said...

Hope you had a great catch up with your friend. What a wonderful surprise, sad about the circumstances tho.

I am totally envious about the crayfish. I want some.