Wednesday, January 9

Because I want to!

I've been pushing myself the last couple of days, but have been feeling a bit half hearted. Today it's a different story. I'm really ready to get stuck in. A couple of things bought about the change. I wrote the other day how the battery was dead in the scales. I thought good job as I didn't want to weigh in and see the damage. I was going to leave it a week or two. Woke up this morning and Peter came out of the bathroom and said he had put a new battery in the scales! Damn I thought, I don't want to see, I don't want to know. I thought that I would still leave it, but curiosity got the better of me and on I hopped - 74.2!!! Holy hell - this is the heaviest I've been for a few years! Time for action!!! It could have been a lot worse but that's bad enough for me. I needed to face up to it - and I have, so time to move on.

The other issue that has bought back the motivation, we had two grandsons here yesterday. They wanted to watch old videos of them as babies. They giggle away at seeing themselves. It's a bit hit and miss what we have on the tapes. Then on came Devin - June 2002, he was in the bath, and I was bathing him. To start with you could only see my arms and hear me talking. Then next thing there I was on screen - me at just under 100 k's. Complete in my standard clothing of the time, big, baggy and dark. Some horrible olive green oversize baggy top and matching skirt. I was moving around like an old lady. I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE! I said to Peter ' OMG look at me' he was shocked as you do forget! It was seeing the old me that has bought back my mojo. I hated being like that. I know weight loss doesn't bring happiness but it has made me feel so much better about myself and that helps how I feel inside - so it does equal happiness for me. Not only that but most important - health! Facing up to the gain this morning was the final motivator. The past couple of days I've been going through the motions of trying to "be good" mainly because I thought I should. Now I'm doing it because I want to! There is a difference. OK - I'm up a bit, it will go!

After watching the video I went to the supermarket, time to get some food in the house that would tempt me to eat healthier. I wanted and was craving some variety. Last night for dinner I had Falafels in pita bread with piles of salad and yoghurt. Yum - really was delicious. Started today of with a banana smoothie and a piece of fruit bread toasted, then a couple of apricots mid morning. I've got my excel chart going and I'm tracking. Feeling so much better!!!

It's been raining here - constantly, but this morning it has eased. Means I will get to aqua tonight. Didn't really feel like braving doing it last night in the pouring rain.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Weight loss does not equal happiness.... how true! But it does help! Glad you have your mojo back... still want a girl dog?

Jenny said...

Way to go Anne :) I'm probably a day or so behind you in getting back on track!!!!! My mojo went off on holiday somewhere and has taken the long road back LOL It's on its way though :)

Me said...

I can so totally relate to you seeing yourself in the old videos - mine was in reverse. We pulled out albums from before we met each other through to now and K saw some photos of us and asked us how sick we were when the photos were taken !!!! But, I have decided to take it one day at a time and have had two really good days. Good luck and look after yourself.
Me

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohh I saw 74 a week or so ago (it was a night weight)on my scales ..I was horrified..and gave myself a big mental kik in the arse.... so easy to slip back into old habits... lets get with it and get it back down again.. I'm with you all the way...

Julie's Journey said...

As you can tell, if you read this, I am a bit behind with my reading.
Sometimes those old photos, or in this case old videos, are just the push we need. Hide them but dont ever get rid of them - they are a powerful motivational tool. You have come so far and I'm sure it wont be long until you are back where you want to be.
J
xxx