It is worth it!
OK I'm over the empty headed waitress - also if she hadn't mumbled her comment I don't think Peter would have bothered saying anything to me. I also think all cafes should have a couple of reasonably healthy options, not only for the weight loss brigade - but also others that have health issues - so if they don't have something healthy I will ask (nicely of course)
My post yesterday bought home that some people really have no idea at all what us "fatties" go through. I might not look 'fat' now but I'm still bigger than I would like and the potential is always there to expand again!!! Some people like the waitress (who barely had a ounce of flesh to spare on her) just don't understand that people like me seem to gain weight by smelling a plate of chips! My husband can totally relax over Christmas, holidays and just keep on eating all the goodies that are around, he will hop on the scales after the holiday and have at the tops gained a kilo. A couple of days later it is gone again! If I relaxed my eating to that extent I could quite easily be 5 plus kilos up and would struggle for the rest of the year to get it of again!! So even when I'm not being on track, I find myself most days doing the mental tally of points. That's life - well for me! I know some thinner people do work hard to stay where they are - while others don't even have to think about what they eat. Where as people like me (and probably most of you) hover between feeling "what the hell" - or on the hand can be thinking, "don't even think about eating that - you don't need it" or the one thought that got me through Christmas without going overboard on cashews "four cashews equal one point - and you won't stop at four!!!"
For those of us that have lost weight - or are trying to, this is something we have to do for ever. Most days it doesn't bother me and other times it does! Keep thinking of some of the benefits of : looking better and feeling better, being able to shop and find clothes that fit, no longer turning the other way when catching a glimpse of yourself in a shop mirror or window! It is worth it! I know I would far rather be where I am now than where I was a few years ago.
Also thankfully taste buds do change and I find that a lot of food that I used to eat doesn't appeal now. I used to work in an office for a large bakery, food made there was free to staff for our lunches and coffee breaks, pies, savouries, croissants, fresh bread, buns, custard squares........ seriously now I would much rather have some sushi!
9 comments:
enjoy the aqua.... give me a ring about arrangements for Izzy mate? It would be good if you could have her on saturday?? Did you get my email about this??
I know what you mean Anne. It is worth it to be careful. I only have to look at the wrong foods and I put weight on. I also suffer so much with indigestion now if I even attempt to eat the wrong foods. :-(
LOL ! NICE to know I'm 'spam'....
Yes it's definately worth it!! and talkin bout sushi ... I've had a fetish for sushi as breakfast the last couple of months. 2 or 3 days a week I go down to the local bakery and get me some ... yum yum!!!
Thats life for me too Anne....I went away in November, put on 5 kilo's and still ALL this time later struggling to lose the remaining 4 I am carrying around...
My hubby is the same as yours....eats whatever, whenever, however and lucky to gain an ounce...sux ehh?
Yep, a forever struggle !!
Glad to see you are over it. I'm with you on watching and thinking about what your eating. Its a fact of life for me too. DH just like yours, nibbles all evening long and its no problem for him.
Have a great day.
fantastic post as always Anne! I especially like the comment
"and the potential is always there to expand again!!!"
it is a lifetime thing, the sooner we come to that realisation the better off we'll be mentally LOL
It is hard to come to the realisation that even when we finally get to our goal weight... that the fight is far from over...
Alot of people just dont understand that... when people hear that i was 40 kilos heavier they are amazed... but i still feel disgust at myself for ever getting that big...
I still dont feel small and probably never will..
I am glad I dont work somewhere where they supply free lunches!!!
Post a Comment