Thursday, January 31

Thursday - and the sun is still shining:-)

This year I wanted a garden and so Peter made me a small raised vege garden for summer and we are reaping the benefits. I haven't bought a lettuce all summer (although the supply is nearly over and no room for any more) now we have lots of little apple cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and peppers ripening. It's a bit of a wild looking garden! Next year I will have a second one going as this one is now overgrown. I picked a couple of the cherry tomatoes yesterday, they were warm from the sun, sweet and juicy and tasted divine. I'm sure over the years my taste buds have sharpened!! I really taste food now and enjoy. Can remember in the past sitting down for dinner and not feeling that hungry - why - because while dinner was cooking I would be feeding my face with crackers and cheese or anything that was at hand - picking away, I shovelled it in and can't say I enjoyed it - just a mindless habit. Then by the time I dished up dinner I didn't feel like much of it. Now I enjoy every mouthful. I love all the fresh summer veges that are about. Even a simple thing like a cherry tomato warmed by the sun:-)

Also I'm loving this weather, although my little office gets a bit over heated at times. I've been going to the pool twice a day most days! I get home around 7.15 so dinner is a bit late, but too warm to eat too early. Making the most of this weather while it lasts!

I've noticed blogland has been a bit quieter recently. It can be hard to update on a regular basis, especially as the days fly by. Updating helps me me focus on how I'm doing. When I'm not about, it's not just that I'm busy I'm usually not coping that well! I find I use the blog as a bit of a "tool" to keep me going.

4 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Things definitely are quiet in blogland and I don't feel quite so bad. But things are starting to balance out for me so I'm going to be blogging more on a regular basis again.

I hear you on the veges. I never got around to planting my vege garden this year, but I did manage to plant my cherry tomatos and they are thriving. I grow mine in pots and they are delish.

Chris H said...

I havn't found it very quiet in blogland the last week or so! I'm surprised Izzy hasn't eaten all your veges by now! She ate all my herbs!

Teresa said...

Ah the bliss of home grown veggies. Yes please do enjoy the weather. Must agree things are quiet out there.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I do love the sound of your home grown veggies. There is nothing quite-like *home-grown* produce!

Changing the subject, I am really envious of the lovely, warm weather you are experiencing right now. It's down nothing but rain here today :-(

Hope the rest of the week will be a good one for you!

LL x