Wednesday, March 7

Food, food everywhere

I'm knackered! This week I went to the gym three days in a row, also aqua. Reason being is that we are of down South and I still wanted to achieve the same amount of exercise for the week. Hard going but it's done! I'm getting a bit stubborn - rather than thinking it's a short week and I can't do it, I've raced around and crammed it in. So as I said I'm knackered - but it's a nice feeling! I'm pleased too because past experience I usually start slowing down, skipping the gym about this stage - but I'm in a routine, well organised and it's not going to happen.

Not the best of circumstances for a visit but we are looking forward to our few days away. We fly out of Palmy to Nelson and pick up our son's car and head over the hill to Peter's brothers. It's about a two hour drive. Our first stop is at a local restaurant to met up with Peter's brother. We have a couple of nights with him and then back to Nelson to see our son, planning to visit the market in the morning, brunch with son, dinner out at his restaurant at night. Food, food everywhere, it's going to be tough!! I can do it, I'm going to enjoy and just make the best choices I can. One night in Nelson then home again.

Query - have noticed a few of you talking about a mixture of rolled oats, grated apple etc - do you eat the oats uncooked?? Are they soaked, help - would like to give them a try.

I'm out of here.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow! You have been so good sticking to exercise plan. Well done!
Have fun while away, especially with your Son.

Chris H said...

I have totally raw rolled oats, I don't bother to soak them.... And I add apple sauce, apple juice and apple pieces... so bloody yum! Quarter of a cup of raw rolled oats is 2 points, the apple mixture is usually around 2.5, so it's a good breakfast. The rolled oats are high GI too, which is great.

Teresa said...

Have a safe trip. Enjoy! You will do fine as your mindset is already prepared.

cj said...

thanks for your visit to my blog. I will drop in and have a read soon as I am off air working the next 2 days.
These last few kgs are the hardest. This time round I am determined to reach goal. I had a break for 6 mths and kept 11kgs of .
rejoined again last May and still here plodding away.
catch you soon
cj

Sue said...

Yep, oats are uncooked. I soak mine overnight in apple juice or soy milk, then add the other stuff in the morning. Do a Google search for bircher muesli recipes...