Thursday, March 29

Thursday, aqua, gym all done

I went and saw our little grandson Jordyn yesterday after his op. He's fine - but a lot more swelling this time and some bruising, so obviously a bit more work done. LOL at his cousin Devin, Devin has huge dimples and people comment on them, when Jordyn was born with a birthmark Devin was only 2 and used to get the birthmark /dimple thing mixed up. He would aks he his dimple was like Jordyns. Deb had parent teacher meeting the other day and the teacher was confused why Devin would write a story about his cousin going to hospital to get his pimple cut out? No confusion any more though as the birth mark has gone!

I'm another one a bit bruised after my little fiasco trying to stop the car rolling into our sleeping dog. Last night I noticed some bruising down my leg. Also a bit sore when I move in a certain way. I'm getting it checked by the physio tomorrow. Nothing that can't be fixed and come right. Today I've been for an aqua session, a good hard session. My next stop was the gym, where I wasn't sure if I could cope on the bike with my leg - I cautiously got on and I was fine! Being a bit sore and bruised would in the past have given me a reason to stop but I thought this morning there was no reason not to go and at least see what I could do. Then I got through the whole program. I've learned from past experience how easy it is to give up, but I don't want to this time. My plan is a gym assessment end of April, a revisit to the doctor to check how I'm going on the higher dosage of medication, dreams of improving my fitness levels and getting the medication reduced.

Since I was off at the pool and gym this morning - not much has got done here so best I go and get some work done - catch you later.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I am glad Jordyn is fine. Although you are sore after the car chasing/dog saving incident - just think 3 years ago, you may not have been fast or strong enough to do it. You are doing really well.

Anonymous said...

That is great to hear that Jordyn is fine.

I agree with Tracy 3 years ago you wouldn't have chased the car you are just a trooper.

I also wanted to say Woohooooo going to the gym and not giving up. Just be careful.

Love CM

Chris H said...

Good on you for being so diligent and going to the gym and aqua .... You will be a gym bunny like me soon! See you saturday! 10.30 at Terrace End.

Teresa said...

Ouch, working through the pain. You have to do what you can, every little bits helps. Bravo on not surrendering.

Rachel said...

Hope your leg is feeling a bit better today. At least with leaving your togs at home you gave it a bit of a rest ;)

Have a lovely weekend.

Lyn said...

I so can't wait till I can get back to proper exercise again. This damn ankle won't let me, yet.

Ouch that sounds painful ... stopping a car with your leg?? sheesh. Hope you're on the mend soon