Monday, March 5

The white t-shirt

Clothes - over the years that I yo yo dieted, my wardrobe was a mixture of fat and not so fat clothes, if I lost weight I hung onto the fat clothes - just in case! Sure enough with an attitude like that I always needed them again, sometimes even bigger ones. This time once they were too big - out they went. I knew I would never wear them again. Sounds a bit cocky but I was confident that I wouldn't. It worked getting rid of them too as I've maintained. Give or take a couple of kilos, I haven't changed my clothes size. But there was just one item that missed the throw out and I decided I would keep it as a reminder. Ages ago I did a post about my white t shirt. Yesterday I found it again so I will tell you about it. I had two of these t shirts, one navy which was actually larger than the white one. The white one was a bit snugger so I only used to wear on days I felt a bit slimmer. And I actually felt slim in it compared to the navy one as I knew it was a size smaller. But it was very snug, my middle used to protrude way out, rolls everywhere. You should see it - it's huge!! I showed Peter yesterday and held it up beside me and told him how it used to be tight on me. I don't think he could quite believe it! I can't either. Promise a photo soon!

What is it they say about how long it takes to form a habit? I'm sure it's three weeks, if so I've done it! I've just completed the end of my third week at the gym. Interesting though the physio I go to wasn't overly enthused about the program I was given. Not enough lower body work, which I need! I've got skinny legs also weak calves that definately need help. Also I had a good chat to Chris on Saturday over a coffee getting her input into the gym, thanks Chris it helped. When I get a chance will talk to the manager there (he wasn't there this morning) and see what I can change. But the main thing is I'm there, I'm doing it, not once have I slacked off without completeing the whole program, and it seemed slightly easier today.

We are heading down South later this week to catch up with Peter's brother (who lost his partner very suddenly a few weeks ago) As we couldn't make the fuenral we planned to go down later on. Will be good to see our son as well who very kindly has lent us his car to travel around in. We come back to Nelson on Saturday and will have to save some points for dinner as we are eating at the restaurant where David (son) is the head chef. It was in the Cuisine magazine in January and got a great write up.

Busy times as we have a short week, also I want to fit in an extra gym session before we go so I still will have three visits this week - so I better keep moving.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh how exciting, a trip down south. I hope you have a wonderful time and have a lovely visit with Brother in Law and your son. And your'e welcome re: chat about gym.

Suzy said...

Good to find that t-shirt to remind yourself of just how far you have come.

Anonymous said...

I have thrown out all my bigger clothes too and once every six months I have been doing it because I don't want to fool myself that I need to have them as I don't want to go back there EVER he he he.

Well done on the gym hun that is fantastic. I find the gym addictive that is for sure.

Love CM