Saturday, March 31

Indulgences

A bit of an indulging day for me, in a nice/good way. Left home at 10.00am and have just back in over six hours later! I didn't get to WW as just wasn't organised to leave in time but met up with Chris H and co for coffee in the morning. Was great to catch up! For those of you that haven't met Chris - well she always makes me laugh!! Then I took of to catch the grandsons at swimming lessons. After that I went and met up with some women from aqua, a group of ten of us went out for lunch. Very yummy and good fun sitting around just chatting away. (Yum I had pan fried salmon and sushi which would have to be my favourite food at the moment). We decided to do this more often! Left there a couple of hours later and drove of to get some groceries. For years I didn't really get out and meet new people, don't know why maybe just self conscious, low esteem, not really sure but apart from old friends and work mates it just didn't happen. Now from meeting Chris H and co, the aqua group also Jenny yesterday, there is a lot of new acquaintances in my life. I'm enjoying it too, these women continue to inspire me, have a laugh with and just talk to - it's great! All very different women, but I feel we share a common goal - to continue to imporve our lifestyles (and enjoy the journey along the way!)

A brief visit to the supermarket on the way home, a couple of the women today shared an antipasto platter and it got me that instead of a cooked dinner tonight, that's what we could share while watching the rugby. I got all sorts of goodies and little indulgences, pesto, gherkins, sun dried tomatoes, olives, pastrami, ciabatta, pita bread, hummus, artichoke hearts, blue vein cheese (for Peter) that way I won't be tempted to pig out on cheese. I'm not hungry so will just have a bit of a nibble. Also got a lovely bottle of sauv blanc to share.

Today I found a shop with chlorine resistant swim wear and the lovely trusting shop assistant gave me four pairs to take home and try on. I find being in the water so much buying the better quality is the best option as they last a whole lot longer. I made the aqua class last night - you will think I'm mad when I say how much I enjoyed it despite the water BEING FREEZING! It's become a habit that Friday nights at the pool are cruisy ones, but because it was so cold we had to go flat out to keep warm - or to get warm in the first place! So we were working. Only five of us there so we had a talkative session as we went, it got dark, the lights came on and glowed on the water, it drizzled slightly with rain but it was lovely. I am mad!! Quick dip in the spa and of for kebabs, LOL the kebab man knows me well, he tells me now my kebabs have garlic yoghurt but no dressing or sauce!

Peter has gone to watch rugby and now I'm gone to blob out with a new magazine and a cup of tea, the housework can wait until tomorrow. Which means my plan for tomorrow is not looking like indulgence in any form! I have house work, I told myself I would do my third gym visit for the week this weekend, and also a bit of left over office work from Friday. I think I've got this wrong, isn't Sunday meant to be a day of rest?

7 comments:

cj said...

Do you have email??
I am at purpletopaz@gmail.com
cj

Julie's Journey said...

Ive had my chlorine resistant cossie for years now and it is still okay to wear although I only wear it at home as I have a snazzy new pair for the pool which probably wont last as long but makes me feel like a real swimmer. LOL. Whats the saying - all the gear no idea.

Hope the rugby goes well for you tonight. We are just about to head out for Aussie stadium to hopefully not witness another drubbing.

Anonymous said...

Wow it was a pretty indulgent day wasn't it... it is great doing things with others and it shows that you are getting more confident by going out and enjoying it hun.

Isn't ChrisH a darling she just keeps the conversation going and is a pleasure to listen to.

Anyway better go and eat my dinner

Love Chubbymum

Chris H said...

Hells Bells girls! *BLUSHING NOW*, you are getting me all embarrassed! I am just an ordinary chick, who can talk..... and talk..... and talk..... you have to learn to tell me to shut up! Thanks for the lovely words Anne, your'e not so bad yourself ya know! And you too Mandy! Enjoy your quiet evening Anne, and hope tomorrow is as much fun as today obviously was.

Sue said...

Thank goodness for a Hurricanes win!

jen said...

Ohhhhhhhh I just can't get to like the taste of sushi.....yuk!!

Enjoy your new social life meeting people...I was much the same as you but as I have lost the weight I have found some confidience and some self esteem....

Jen

Lyn said...

I too used to avoid people contact when overweight, both the first and second time round. One of the perks of losing weight, make more friends. Glad you had a good day out!