Tuesday, March 27

More bad news

Last year we received the news our cousin in Scotland died of a brain tumour. It was his younger sister Anne Marie that passed on this news. Now we received the devasting news that she died a couple of weeks ago (aged 53). I'm in shock and feeling devasted, Anne Marie was the cousin who soon became a friend when I lived in Scotland, over the years she has been the only family member in Scotland that has kept the contact going, writing lovely newsy letters and later emails. She was the one cousin who came to New Zealand and got to know our kids. In turn our daughter and son visited and got to know her on their OE. The news was received when my sister got back from her Queen Charlotte walk late last night to find an overseas letter, (her address was the only one the surviving cousin could find). All we know is she was found dead, a post morteum showed heart disease. The funeral has long been and gone (19th March). Rachel our daughter got quite close to Anne Marie when over there and at the moment I can't tell her as Jordyn goes in for his op in exactly 30 minutes. I phoned Deb and when I went to tell her I just cracked up. Not only have I lost a friend/cousin I also feel the very last contact I had with my mum and dad's family has gone.

Better go - off to the doctors for the blood pressure appointment, obviously not the best timing.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh dear, I feel for you. Such a lot of sad or difficult things happening at the same time. We go through patches like this, don't we? My thoughts are with you.

Lyn said...

So sorry to hear of you sad news. News like this always makes the small things seem so insignifacant My thoughts are with you also.

Karen said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Anne and your family! *big hugs* I hope Jordan's op went well...

Teresa said...

So sad. Having family at a distance is difficult, especially at moments like these. My sympathies to you and your family.