Tuesday, March 20

Mystery guests

Ok - last year at our annual BBQ for St Pat's we had a mystery couple arrive. I thought Peter knew them and he thought I did. Both were wondering why the other wasn't introducing the couple around, but we didn't have a clue who they were! At some stage Peter asked me who they were - I had to tell him I didn't know and thought he knew them. One of our friends came into the house then and we told her we didn't know this couple outside. We ended up having a good laugh about it. The couple left sometime after midnight and we were still none the wiser. I (as women do) blamed Peter, and told him he must have left a message on an incorrect phone number. For ages afterwards we had friends asking us if we had found out who they were. One of neighbours found this couple lived around the block from us and she knew their next door neighbour. So she got the next neighbour to discreetly ask them what they did St Pat's night and they told her that they were invited to our BBQ?? Then it all fell into place - it was me that phoned the wrong number! This couple had the same surname as another of our neighbours, directly below them in the phone book, just a coincidence that they lived locally as well. When I phoned these neighbours I always check I've got the father of the family (as they have a couple of teenage sons and I'm never sure who is who on the phone) I asked for Bruce, don't know maybe this could sound like Chris which was the mystery people's name? I told them about the BBQ. Apparently they were a little mystified why they were invited and told their next door neighbour they then tried to find where we lived?? Wouldn't you think they would have realised I dialed the wrong number, especially as they didn't know who I was!!?? Anyway they found us and arrived. It all sounds a little Irish. Peter was pleased it wasn't him losing the plot. I had to admit it was me. When I did the phone around this time I definitely made sure I had Bruce on the line!

  • Rachel is keeping me honest. Like her I've only missed one day of tracking. Scales are back down this morning to 72.2 - so still fluctuating up and down but the downward trend is there! don't know if it's the gym but I'm feeling great!
  • 5 comments:

    Lynda said...

    I remember that about the BBQ last year - how funny. You should have invited them again this year!

    Chris H said...

    Derrrr, are you sure you're not a blonde under all that dark hair? Like Linda, I reckon you should have invited them back this year, it would have been funny!

    Teresa said...

    Now that is absolutely hilarious.

    michelle said...

    I am doing things like that all tehe time and don't know whether to blame being blonde or getting old. Obviously it is really because we work so hard our brain is overloaded. Great work with your exercise and tracking.

    Chris H said...

    Anne, if you are serious about wanting to come to my motivation speech, I shall ask the personal trainers and get back to you. It's on Sunday at 2pm at City Fitness.