Shinners, St Pat's and fitness freaks..............
Just had to share Fynn's ''shinner'' doesn't show up that well here but it is a good one! He fell over at day care and hit the table. Can you tell he's a bit of a character!
I haven't had a chance to do a proper update for a few days, but I'm still here and all is going well. So just to re cap the past fews days
Thursday we went off to the Beauty and Fashion night my daughter organised. I was proud of her! Well I'm proud of all our kids but in this case she organised it all right from the food, drinks, DJ to the models and clothing. It was a fun night and lots of little giveaways. I stocked up on some moisturiser as all was discounted.
Friday - once again another gym session and then off to aqua.
Saturday - WW in the morning and a quick coffee with Chris H before heading home and getting reading for our St Pat's BBQ! The weather was against us but luckily we have a big shed so we cleaned it out and had the night there. My daughter offered to do some nibbles and arrived with green sushi, also green dip, cheeses, gherkins etc. We had a great night. Several other green dishes turned up along with funny hats and green clothing. I got a chance to dust of my Pogues CD. Once again I had another reminder of the size I used to be! Peter got out some theme t-shirts to wear and there was one I bought a few years back to wear for another St Pat's night we had - size 2XL and a man's one as well! I've challenged Rachel to track together and the tracking went a bit of track this night! But pleased to say though I kept my hands well away from any cashews, nuts and cheeses which are my downfall - so I don't feel I did too bad!
Surprise guests - last year our St Pat's night BBQ we ended up with some surprise guests. No-one knew who they were or why they were there. Do you know it's taken us a whole year to find out what happened! I will fill you in later but it was me that caused this to happen! So I was asked several times on Sat night if there were going to be any surprise guests. It didn't happen this year!
Sunday - clean up day, our other daughter came up for lunch with the boys, (they had visitors the night before so didn't make the BBQ) Once they left I sneaked of to bed for a Nana nap! This used to be a regular occurence but I don't do this very often these days, in fact this was the first one I can remember for ages. Enjoyed it too!
Monday - I've started going to a different pool for some aqua classes, the one I went this morning the instructor is really pushing us all the time to get our heart rates up. I know I need this so it felt great pushing myself that much further. (My normal sessions is a lot easier - but will be taking the harder option when I can in future) I went to the gym after aqua and spent just over an hour there. Then off to get my nails done. So it was a bit of a ''me'' day today.
When I left aqua this morning a woman I hadn't seen before walked out to the car park with me. She asked if I was off to work and I told her I was heading to the gym. She replied ''oh so you are one of these fitness freaks!'' Wasn't sure how to take it really, driving away I thought of several answers (a bit late) I'm not a fitness freak by any means, just someone who is striving hard to improve my health by exercise, (reducing my blood pressure) increasing cardio fitness, trying to tone up, strenghten my body, I don't think there is anything freaky in that! But I guess a few years ago I maybe would have thought of someone leaving aqua to head to the gym as a fitness freak as well. Times change.
So start of a new week, I'm feeling on fire. I'm going to ''borrow'' back my exercycle from my daughter so I can use it on non gym days. Nearing the end of week five at the gym so will have an assessment in another three, there better be some improvement.
3 comments:
Fitness freak.... woohoo I am one of them!!! Girl it is a compliment better than a couch potatoe aye he he he... and your little grandson is adorable.. I have a red head... they are just the best in the world he he
Love Chubbymum
Way to go - reckon it's a good feeling being a fitness freak and congrats to you for sticking with your gym programme. Can't wait to hear about the surprise visitors at the BBQ - I remember your post about them last year.
Would you look at those adorable red curls, I bet he thinks he's cool with a big black eye....LOL
My little fella came home from daycare yesterday with 3 very long scratch marks down one side of his face, Andrew and I were horrified but he thought it was cool...LOL
Ok so you do aqua a million times a week AND gym 3 times a week and now you want to get back on your exercycle every other day???? You are a gym freak my friend and doesn't it feel great!!
Well its the end of my week and I have successfully tracked 5 out of 6 days (1 sick day) so I am feeling incredible.......I love routine and order, weird ay?
Post a Comment