Thursday, May 31

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up"

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" and I've got up again! Can't say the motivation has completely returned but it's coming back. I know my mind is in a far better place than a couple of days ago! I'm thinking a lot more positively. So once again here I am thanking you for the comments (and emails Rachel!) No meeting could ever give me the support and help that you all do! I've taken on board all that was said. It's made me realise I'm not alone as you could relate to how I was feeling. I'm not the only one that's hit a bit of a slump. I also realise I would soon feel like crap if I kept eating crap food. Yep and there has been some guilt feelings. This is the life I want so I'm over my little rebellion.


OK you lot! I will sit sunning myself in Port Douglas supping on a Pina Colada while you have your get together without me!!! No offence Chris I do understand it can be so hard to work around everyone. Just a thought - as I would love to catch up at some stage, and see Karen's baby Rachel (before she starts school!), as well as meeting Rachel properly, (LOL last time her day was a bit hectic keep track of two little boys) maybe could we look at a mini meeting sometime before?? Even halfway, say Levin, Otaki could be a thought.................

The gym - I've learnt the secret for me is to keep in the routine of going, it becomes second nature, just part of my day. Once I take a break it's hard for me to get back into again. This is the time it's easy to shove it in the too hard basket. But yesterday I went back, oops 10 days later than I wanted. I thought it would be hard to get back into - but it was like I had never been away. I now know deep down it's going to be something I will keep at, may not always be three sessions a week but I know it's part of my life.

The cough and sore throat I've got has now left me almost voiceless. Peter told me to take a day of work and go back to bed! But it sounds worse than it is as I really feel fine. So as tempting as it sounded to have a sickie I'm here working.

Devin our oldest grandson can be a bit different to the younger three. Every has to be just so. Strange kid he hates new clothes, he questions everything. He has to have glasses - we thought this would be a bit of a major but he's fine about the glasses. It was the glass case that was the issue! Once the glasses were selected, he asked if he could pick his own case. They seemed a bit amused as I suppose most kids wouldn't care. Of he went straight for the animal print case, (he must have already spied it). Then they opened it up and it was lime green inside. ''Oh - I don't actually like the colour inside!". The assistant was great and took him to a stand to show him more selections. Debbie my daughter was telling him just to pick one - but no it took forever. He kept asking which would be the best, which one was the best colour, which one was the easiest to open, it went on and on (and on!). The staff were having a bit of giggle at all this and a couple of them as well as the optician sat on the floor with him to help make the big decision. The end result - he picked the case that came with the glasses originally! I quite often wonder what he will end up being when he's older!

Thanks once again:-)

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Bugger, I feel so bad about August now.... I think a mini meet before hand is a good idea... maybe we three here can get together and go to Wellington sometime soon for the day, meet up with them down there ??? We could all go in our car, the petrol is free! And saturday, Churchyard Cafe, in the PLaza carpark... 10.15 ish, I think I'm going to the WW meeting too. miss them all too much!

Chubbymum said...

Anne you will be missed that is for sure.

But you are going to Port Douglas OMG such fun.

It is hard this journey isn't it!!! We are there with you all the way hun.

Big hugs
Love Chubbymum

Rachel said...

Otaki sounds like a plan Anne!

I am overdue for a new bra and they have the bendon factory outlet there eh?

Do you (or the other Palmy girls) know of a nice cafe? We could set a time to be there and meet up for a long leisurely lunch.

I think the only weekend I'm not available in June or July is July 7th (my 37th birthday).

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hi there Anne... thanks for dropping by my blog..always nice to see new people about.
Bummer about not being able to go to Chris' party... I would love to have been able to go!
Glad to see you are back on the wagon...so close to goal too..
I am struggling a bit at the moment too.. but hey thats life..we all seem to go thru it some time.
Take care and have a gr8 weekend!