Wednesday, May 2

Total waste of time

I thought last night that in the whole time I've blogged my weight has remained pretty much the same! Seems a total waste of time! Coming here, getting hyped up then falling flat again. Yo-yo, plateau...... boring, inspirational..... I'm not getting anywhere! But then I thought what the hell I would be like if I wasn't doing this!! So I've realised that while I'm not getting the results I want:
At least I'm here! This is helping me be aware of how I'm doing in general.
I'm eating healthy food choices (just some days a bit much)
I'm continuing working at improving my fitness
I've started afresh at the gym and actually doing it this time around
I going to keep trying to lose more BUT if it takes forever where I am now is a whole lot better than where I used to be!

I'm realising the stage I'm at now is probably a better one than my early WW days where nothing at all would come between me and going to a meeting, nothing would make me miss an aqua class, I would stick religiously to the points and worry about social events and how I would cope. My whole week was worrying about what result the scales would show on weigh in day.

Now - WW meetings, well they worked, I still know there is no way I could have done this without them, but I've heard it all so much, I know what to do, I just have to do it. I'll still go occasionally.
Aqua - yep still love it, I aim for every working day but it's not the end of the world if I don't
make it.
Points - well I try, I will keep trying here but once again if I go over one day, it's not failure.
The scales - I hardly weigh myself these days! Can't believe I'm at that stage, it used to be the very first thing I did every morning! I did weigh yesterday and when I saw the same weight as the last weigh - well why worry!

Lyn - thanks for your comment yesterday, I was getting fed up with me going back to those pita crisps (delicious by the way!) thinking I had no will power, you made me think that I did have a bit of will power by throwing the things out to the dogs!

Off to the gym - catch you later.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Lucky dogs, wish I'd been there with them.... just joking!!! good on you for getting rid of the temptations ... the dogs will love you for it. Give them more! I used to think it was a waste of good food to chuck it out or give it to the dog, not anymore! It is all good.

cj said...

You are amazing heading off to the gym so often. I haven't started but I do regular walks....I know the gym would give me a better workout but I don't think I would be as committed as you to keep going...
Snacks are a real trap....The dog will love you...Chooks are good with scraps as well...and they give little edible presents...

Chubbymum said...

Good on you for getting rid of the temptation wish I did that last week he he eh.

Big hugs
Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Felicity said...

and your blogs help others take my word for it Anne

Lyn said...

Sometimes it takes others looking from an outside perspective to show you another view.

And you hit the nail on the head with the words "what the hell I would be like if I wasn't doing this"

When I stopped blogging and stopped watching what I was eating I was gaining on average 1kg per week!!! So to be staying the same is friggin fantastic achievement!!!! And don't you forget it!!