Thursday, May 24

My cast iron guts and ''men'' moments

Bit of a weird title but this is what this entry is about.

TMI below maybe - I quite often joke about my cast iron guts - it takes a lot to make me sick, in fact pregnancy is about the only time I can remember (and then it was a complete different story - I formed a real relationship with the toilet bowl, day and night!) Over the last week both our daughters and families have one by one been hit with a vomiting and diarrhoea virus. The symptoms vary and a couple of them have also been hit with aches and pain, headaches etc. I woke in the early hours yesterday morning, feeling very nauseous, tummy rumbling madly, I got out of bed and every bone I have seemed to ache, I felt really sick. Went into the bathroom, but despite feeling like this nothing happened. Was up and down several times so eventually took myself of to the spare room and fell asleep. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I had been hit by a ten ton bus, the thought of food made me feel ill, my head was pounding - so for the very first time since I've been working in our own business (about five years) I told Peter I wasn't going to work. Then I thought we have a contract where all paperwork has to be completed by ten the following morning so I spent half an hour doing the bare minimum and took of back to bed. Can you believe it I took the telephone and cell phone to keep me company as I still had to be sort of on deck for any incoming calls. Just as well no-one could actually see what they were talking to - not a pretty sight! A couple of sleeps later I felt a bit better, the thought of food still wasn't too inviting until later in the after noon when I felt cracker biscuits would be ok. Peter kept asking me what my symptoms where - I wondered why? He wanted to know because he thought he could be getting it, so every symptom I told him I could sense him checking it out in his mind if yes he did have a headache, if he was aching, if he felt sick - he didn't but LOL I told him If you sit there thinking about it long enough I'm sure you'll find something. Both our daughters phoned last night to check me out, both shocked as I never take to bed, they commented that it takes a bit to knock me like this. I don't seem to get sick. A bit weird I don't as I'm sure I had a strain of same virus they all had but without the vomiting and diarrhoea. Today apart from a slightly dodgy tummy I feel fine. Yes so I do think I have a cast iron guts! Which also means both our daughters dropped a couple of kilos overnight by being ill, where as me - I get all the aches, felt really sick etc so I think if I feel like that I may as well be actually sick and have a bit of compulsory weight control going on - instead I got a craving for cracker biscuits.............

Men - the girls and I had a giggle over Peter working out if he could be going to get sick or not. One of them remarked that this was such a ''man thing''. Another "man moment" I noticed yesterday. TV - we all joke about men and remotes - it's no joke in our house. Usually at night I'm getting in from aqua, it's getting late and I just don't watch a lot of TV. That's fine with us both because I can read, he can graze. But last night being home I settled down and started to enjoy watching a program. Peter came in the room, he got so fidgety, he didn't seem very happy - then I realised it was because I had the remote! He couldn't graze, I wanted to watch the program I found, so said. He knew I was settled in so he took himself of to read the paper instead, didn't appear very happy. I could tell he was watching the program and was interested but he wasn't going to give in and sit down because I had the remote! At the end of the program I wandered over and gave the thing back to him - happy man once more!

This morning once again I got asked how I feel, fine apart from my glands in my neck are a little tender, my tummy still dodgy - LOL he probably is checking out his neck and wondering if he's heading for the same thing.

I went to aqua both Monday and Tuesday, didn't feel like gym at all and looking back I think I was not quite right then. I may take a break for the rest of the week or just see how I go. I don't like the thought of not going but have to listen to my body.

Off to catch up on what got missed yesterday.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

That sucks, gettting so ill but not losing any weight! I hate vomitting though, so don't want to catch it, stay away from me chick!

Rachel said...

That does sound like a nasty bug!
Hope your feeling better now and managing more than just crackers.

I know what you mean about the remote, Andrew puts it in his pocket if he gets up and leaves the room (even to go to the loo) just so I don't get 'control' of it. Aparently I can't use it properly......LOL MEN!

Julie's Journey said...

There seems to be something going around blogland. Zanna, Suzy and now you. And it is true about men and the remote, watching TV with my DH is a nightmare sometimes. Hope you are feeling better.

Suzy said...

Looks like that little bug is everywhere! Not nice! I absolutely HATE throwing up.
LOL at your man and his symptom checking. He will sure know it if this one hits him.

Chubbymum said...

OMG hun that sounds terrible.... I hope you are feeling better now.

Missed ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Ha ha, men are such remote hogs. I must admit, I hate that flicking between programmes. If you've chosen to watch something then let that be that!!